Intel Parallel Advisor
|Developer(s)||Intel Developer Products|
|Stable release||XE 2013 Update 5 / October 8, 2013|
|Operating system||Windows and Linux|
Intel Parallel Advisor (or Advisor XE) is a shared memory threading design and prototyping tool for C, C++, C# and Fortran software developers and architects. This product is available on Windows and Linux operating systems in form of Standalone GUI tool, Microsoft Visual Studio plug-in or command line interface (also supporting mpirun-driven usage).
- Advisor "Suitability" feature helps to quickly predict and compare the parallel SMP scalability and performance losses for different possible threading designs.
- Advisor "Correctness" feature automatically detects loop-carried dependencies and other potential data sharing issues during design phase when they are less expensive to fix.
From public sources it's known to be used by Schlumberger, Sandia national lab as well as by some "leading design" company, who classified it as "a great timesaver" and "incredibly useful tool in supporting parallel algorithm research".
Advisor XE also aims to simplify and speed-up parallel design and implementation by providing step-by-step workflow, claimed to be useful for academia and educational purposes.
It is available as part of Intel Parallel Studio XE
- Intel Parallel Inspector
- Intel VTune Amplifier
- Intel Developer Zone (Intel DZ; support and discussion)
- Official website
- Intel Parallel Inspector Product Page
- Schlumberger* - Parallelize Oil and Gas software with Intel Software products
- Anonymous "leading design" company case study with Advisor XE
- Kyoto University SuperComputing center user guide on Advisor XE usage on Linux
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|