Intel Parallel Studio
|Stable release||XE 2013 SP1 Update 2 / February 13, 2014|
|Operating system||Windows and Linux|
|Type||Software development kit|
|License||Commercial, Academic, Eval and, for Linux, for non-commercial uses|
Intel Parallel Studio is a software development product developed by Intel that facilitates native code development on Windows and Linux in C++/C and Fortran for parallel computing. Parallel programming enables software programs to take advantage of multi-core processors from Intel and other processor vendors.
Parallel Studio is composed of several component parts, each of which is a collection of capabilities.
- Intel Parallel Composer:
- Intel C++ Compiler with Cilk Plus
- Intel Fortran Compiler
- IDE plug-in integration with Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Debugging via Visual Studio Debugger extensions, GNU Debugger extensions and the Intel Debugger
- Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP), Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) and Threading Building Blocks (TBB) libraries
- Intel Parallel Advisor helps programmers decide where to parallelize their code, and whether the resulting performance gain will be worth the effort
- Intel VTune Amplifier (formerly Parallel Amplifier) is a performance profiler that analyzes hotspots, concurrency and locks-and-waits.
- Intel Parallel Inspector improves reliability by identifying memory errors and threading errors.
Intel announced Parallel Studio during their Intel Developer Forum in August 2008 along with a web site to sign up for their open beta program. On 26 May 2009, Intel announced that it had released the product to market, and introduced a fourth component named Parallel Advisor Lite. Parallel Advisor Lite is an add-on for Parallel Studio to assist in the analysis and modeling of where to best add parallelism to an application.
- Intel Parallel Building Blocks (PBB)
- Intel Concurrent Collections (CnC)
- Intel Developer Zone (Intel DZ; support and discussion)
- "Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 SP1 Release Notes".
- "Non-Commercial Software Development". Developer Zone. Intel. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- Intel. "Intel Announcement of Parallel Studio project".
- Intel. "Intel Parallel Studio FAQ".
- Intel. "Intel Announcement of Parallel Studio release". Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- David Worthington. "Intel addresses development life cycle with Parallel Studio". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Intel Releases Parallel Studio 1.0". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- John E. West. "Intel Ships Parallel Studio Development Toolkit". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- David Worthington. "SD Times: Intel, Microsoft converge on parallel computing". Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Intel Flexes Parallel Programming Muscles", HPCwire (2010-09-02). Retrieved on 2010-09-14.
- "Parallel Studio 2011: Now We Know What Happened to Ct, Cilk++, and RapidMind", Dr. Dobbs Journal (2010-09-02). Retrieved on 2010-09-14.
- "Intel announces two software development suites", Inquirer (2012-09-05). Retrieved on 2012-09-05.
- "Parallel Studio XE 2013 is here", Intel (2012-09-05). Retrieved on 2012-09-05..
- Official website
- Threading Building Blocks Open Source Project Home
- Cilk Plus Open Source Project Home
- Intel's 'Parallelism Breakthrough' video series
- Parallel Studio Video Tour
- Intel Releases Parallel Studio (Dr. Dobbs)
- Intel addresses development life cycle with Parallel Studio (SDTimes)