||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2012)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2012)|
|Trading name||InterConsult Bulgaria (ICB)|
|Key people||Stoian Boev,
Founder and CEO,
|References: about us at icb.bg|
InterConsult Bulgaria (ICB) is a Bulgarian software and consulting company established in 1996. The company offers services in the fields of management and IT consulting, software design and development, maintenance, support and customer training. ICB has more than 250 delivered projects in Bulgarian companies and in technological companies abroad. ICB is also awarded with Silver European Seal of e-Excellence Awards for 2012 and New Company of the Year in the European IT Sector for 2010.
- 1996 - ICB is established as a Bulgarian-Norwegian company.
- 1999 - ICB is the first Bulgarian company awarded with the European IT Prize in 1998.
- 2004 - becomes part of COWI Group, a European consulting provider.
- 2004 - finalist in Europe Awards for eHealth.
- 2008 - ICB becomes 100% Bulgarian privately owned company.
- 2010 - wins European IT Excellence Award 2010 - special price of the jury.
- 2010 - included in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 ranking in CEE for 2009 and Deloitte Fast 500 for 2009 for EMEA.
- 2010 - SAFE CASH project, developed by ICB, wins Bulgarian IT Project of the Year 2009 by Computerworld magazine.
- 2011 - becomes a 100+ employees software company.
- 2011 - awarded with Gold European Seal of e-Excellence for Innovative products and services.
- 2011 - ICB is included in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) for 2010.
- 2012 - awarded with Silver European Seal of e-Excellence for Innovative products and services.
- 2012 - awarder with Export company of the year 2012, award of the Bulgarian IT Association.
|Kongsberg Maritime||K-Tools Application Integration Solution|
|Kongsberg Maritime||Offshore Vessel Simulator software development|
|Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant||Implementing Good Practices from ITIL|
United Bulgarian Bank