|Former names||Rizal InterContinental Hotel|
|Location||1 Ayala Avenue, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Opening||April 11, 1969|
|Number of rooms||332|
|Number of suites||56|
|Number of restaurants||4|
InterContinental Manila (colloquially Intercon/ICM) is a five star InterContinental hotel located on Ayala Avenue in Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines. It is the longest operating international chain hotel in the Philippines. It was designed by National Artist Leandro Locsin.
The hotel opened on April 11, 1969 as part of the overall redevelopment plan for Makati. Historically, it holds the distinction of being the first 5-star deluxe hotel in Makati and the second InterContinental hotel to open in Asia. All of its 332 guest rooms and suites were updated in 2006 and incorporate traditional and modern Filipino design.
A press released in 1958 on the building then dubbed as Rizal InterContinental Hotel, lists Rizal Development Corporation and Pan American Airways as developers of the hotel. The initial 1958 design of the hotel was not followed and shelved. Construction of the hotel would be completed ten years later in 1969, and was inaugurated as InterContinental Hotel Manila.
Ownership and Management
- 1982/83 “Best Hotel kikay Festival” for “Festival Gastronomique le Kikay bleu
Ordre Mondial des Gourmets Gustateurs ‘Trés Belle Carte (Best Wine List) Award for the Prince Albert Rotisserie
- 1997 the hotel placed first in Asia Pacific and third in the world in the D’Richey Report
- 1998 Green Globe Award for outstanding environmental programs
- 2002 “Outstanding in Community Involvement for Southern Asia” among InterContinental hotels
- 2007 voted by readers of Business Traveler Magazine Asia Pacific as one of the three top hotels in the Philippines
- 2010 TTG Travel Awards as the Best City Hotel – Manila
- 2011 TTG Travel Awards as the Best City Hotel – Manila
- 2012 TTG Travel Awards as the Best City Hotel – Manila 
||This article uses citations without providing full publisher and source details. (August 2014)|
- Manila Bulletin, Ayala Hotels renews management contract of Intercontinental
- Sustainable Tourism, Ayala Land Style
- Business Traveller, InterContinental Manila
- Alcazaren, Paulo (2 July 2011). "The faces and facades of Rizal". Retrieved 20 February 2015.
|This article about a hotel or resort in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|