InterMapper is a cross-platform network monitoring program and part of the Help/Systems cross-platform family. Help/Systems is a leading provider of systems management, security, network management, and business intelligence solutions.
The current version of InterMapper is written in Java, and comes with a variety of network probes based on ping, SNMP, http and other network protocols used to monitor the state of networked devices and servers. It displays the status of the devices it monitors in maps or lists. For example, the software can monitor the internal state of Apple Inc. Xserves such as fan speed and cpu temperature remotely by using a probe to query the servers. Intermapper can also discover network devices by probing a network, building a map of devices found in each network segment starting from a single IP address. Intermapper also supports alarms for devices that have disappeared from the network or which are in a warning state, and can send alerts via email, pager, console alerts, or script execution. The software can be configured to display graphs of performance data stored at variable intervals to show trends. Intermapper can export data for use with Google Earth to show network infrastructure on a map, and provides a web service for display of network status and maps.
|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Network Management, Monitoring, Mapping and Alerting|
|Headquarters||Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States of America|
Help/Systems, LLC is the privately held company that develops and markets InterMapper. Dartware was purchased from the original founders in October 2013 for 1.4 million dollars, by Help/Systems. None of the original founders (William Fischer, Richard Brown, Stuart Pompian) remain.
- Dartware was named Exporter of the Year for 2010 by ThinkGlobal Inc. publisher of Commercial News USA, the official export promotion magazine of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Nance, Barry (2007-02-12). "Intermapper: Your network at a glance". Network World.
- Cook, Brad. "InterMapper 4.2.3 monitors Xserves". MacCentral.
- Nance, Barry (2001-03-22). "Two other 'network' monitoring options". IT World.
- "Response to RFP: Dartmouth College". Network World. 08/23/99.
- Berkley, Travis (1999-08-23). "Net monitoring tools stand watch". Network World.
- "InterMapper 5.1 adds map creation, probe groups". MacNN. 2009-03-12.
- "2010 Exporter of the Year".