|Elevation||351 ft (107 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Intercourse, Alabama, is an unincorporated community located at a crossroads in Sumter County, Alabama, USA. It is named for the traffic intersection of the town's crossroads (called "intercourse" at that time) at the site of the general store. Intercourse has been noted on lists of unusual place names. A post office called Intercourse was established in 1840, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1913.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Intercourse, Alabama
- Thompson, George E. (2009). You Live Where?: Interesting and Unusual Facts about where We Live. iUniverse. p. 2.
- Duncan, Andy (2005). Alabama Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat Stuff. Globe Pequot. pp. xii.
- "Sumter County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Foscue, Virginia O. (1989). Place Names in Alabama. Tuscaloosa, AL: University of Alabama Press. ISBN 978-0-8173-0410-2.
- Gladstone, Gary (2003). Passing Gas: And Other Towns Along the American Highway. Berkeley, CA: Ten Speed Press. p. 53. ISBN 978-1-58008-456-7.
|This Alabama state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|