|Hubs||Lic. Adolfo López Mateos Int'l Airport
Mexico City Int'l Airport
|Focus cities||Don Miguel Hidalgo Int'l Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Club Interjet
|Fleet size||46 (+ 56 orders)|
|Parent company||Aleman Group|
|Headquarters||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Key people||Miguel Aleman Magnani (President)
Jose Luis Garza Alvarez (CEO)
Javier Licea Ventura (COO)
Luis Alejandro Beristain Mercado (CFO)
Jose Luis Ramirez Magnani (Deputy Chairman)
ABC Aerolíneas, S.A. de C.V., operating as Interjet, is a Mexican low-cost airline with its headquarters in Lomas de Chapultepec, Miguel Hidalgo, Mexico City, Mexico. The airline operates scheduled flights to 25 domestic and 8 international destinations out of Toluca Airport and Mexico City International Airport. It is wholly owned by the Aleman Group. It is one of the first regular low-cost airlines of Mexico and claims to offer the most extensive domestic network compared to its competitors.
Interjet started operations on December 1, 2005, with an initial fleet of seven Airbus A320 aircraft, which had previously belonged to Volare Airlines. The airline placed an order for 16 new A320 aircraft to replace the second-hand ones, which was increased by another 10 aircraft on 10 January 2010. After the demise of Mexico City-based competitor Aero California in August 2008, Interjet took over the vacant slots and established flight services to Mexico City International Airport.
Interjet is the first low cost carrier that will operate the Russian-built Sukhoi Superjet 100 in its fleet, following an order filed on 17 January 2011. The first delivery was scheduled for late 2012. However, Interjet took delivery of its first Sukhoi Superjet in March 2013.
Interjet intended to serve flights to/from Toluca to various cities in the USA including Chicago, Houston, Las Vegas and San Antonio, but so far, only flights to Las Vegas and San Antonio have begun.
On November 15, 2012 the airline began flights to Las Vegas from Toluca.
Interjet flies between locations in Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Guatemala and the United States from its main hubs, Mexico City and Toluca.
|Airbus A320-200||43||—||—||150||XA-ECO in biofuel livery|
|Sukhoi Superjet 100-95||5||16||10||93||North American launch customer
- "El uso de esta página significa que usted acepta estos términos y condiciones." Interjet. Retrieved on December 4, 2010.
- "privacy." Interjet. Retrieved on November 4, 2010. "If you do not want your information to be shared with any third party or not to receive any information or required to clarify or modify the information provided, you have the right to send your written instructions/request to ABC Aerolíneas, SA de CV, residing at Ignacio Longares 102 Lote 2 Mnz. 2, Fracc. Parque Industrial Exportec 1 zip code 50200 Toluca, Edo de Mexico or via the email address or phone number provided on this page for user contact."
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 94.
- "Interjet receives first new aircraft". Airliner World. August 2007. p. 18.
- Yahoo!-Interjet Inaugurates Daily Non-Stop Flights Today Between New York And Mexico City
- "Interjet Fleet" (in Spanish). interjet.com. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Interjet fleet list at planespotters.net
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Interjet.|