From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up intermediate in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Intermediate means "occurring between two extremes, or in the middle of a range". It comes from the Latin word 'intermedia' which literally means 'among the middle' ('Inter' means among; 'media' means middle) and may refer to:
- Intermediate 1 or Intermediate 2, educational qualifications in Scotland
- Intermediate (anatomy), the relative location of an anatomical structure lying between two other structures: see Anatomical terms of location
- Intermediate Edison Screw, a system of light bulb connectors
- Intermediate goods, goods used to produce other goods
- Middle school, also known as intermediate school
- Intermediate Examination, the standardized post-secondary entrance exam in India, also known as the Higher Secondary Examination
- Reaction intermediate or intermediate, a short-lived, unstable molecule in a chemical reaction
- Intermediate car, an automobile size classification
- Intermediate cartridge, a type of firearms cartridge
- Intermedia (disambiguation), a word meaning intermediate in Latin
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Intermediate.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.