Internal pudendal artery
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Artery: Internal pudendal artery|
Left gluteal region, showing surface markings for arteries and sciatic nerve.
The superficial branches of the internal pudendal artery.
|Latin||arteria pudenda interna|
|Supplies||external genitalia, perineum|
|Source||internal iliac artery|
|Vein||Internal pudendal veins|
|Internal pudendal artery|
The internal pudendal artery gives off the following branches:
|In females||In males||Description|
|Inferior rectal artery||Inferior rectal artery||to anal canal|
|Perineal artery||Perineal artery||supplies transversus perinei superficialis muscle|
|Posterior labial branches||Posterior scrotal branches||-|
|Artery of bulb of vestibule||Artery of bulb of penis||supplies bulb of vestibule/bulb of penis|
|Dorsal artery of clitoris||Dorsal artery of the penis||-|
|Deep artery of clitoris||Deep artery of the penis||to corpus cavernosum penis|
In males, the internal pudendal artery also gives rise to the perforating arteries of the penis.
Diagram of the arteries of the penis.
- Anatomy figure: 41:04-06 at Human Anatomy Online, SUNY Downstate Medical Center - "Inferior view of female perineum, branches of the internal pudendal artery."
- Anatomy figure: 42:03-01 at Human Anatomy Online, SUNY Downstate Medical Center - "Branches of internal pudendal artery in the male perineum."
- Anatomy figure: 43:07-14 at Human Anatomy Online, SUNY Downstate Medical Center - "Sagittal view of the internal iliac artery and its branches in the female pelvis. "
- Anatomy figure: 44:06-00 at Human Anatomy Online, SUNY Downstate Medical Center - "Sagittal view of the internal iliac artery and its branches in the male pelvis. "
- SUNY Anatomy Image 9086
- Mnemonic medicalmnemonics.com 2503
- pelvis at The Anatomy Lesson by Wesley Norman (Georgetown University) (pelvicarteries)
- figures/chapter_32/32-2.HTM - Basic Human Anatomy at Dartmouth Medical School
- figures/chapter_32/32-3.HTM - Basic Human Anatomy at Dartmouth Medical School
- Diagram at MSU