|Type||Internap Public (NASDAQ: INAP|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
Eric Cooney, President, CEODaniel C. Stanzione, Chairman of the Board
|Products||Hosting, Data Center, Cloud Computing, IP networking services, Content Delivery Network|
Founded in May 1996 in Seattle, Internap (NASDAQ: INAP) is a publicly traded company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, United States, that enables route-optimized delivery of content over the Internet. Internap’s business units include Internet Protocol (IP), data center, Cloud Computing, Content Delivery Network (CDN) services. The company delivers its Performance IP, hosting, cloud, colocation and hybrid services through Private Network Access Points (P-NAP®) in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Australia.
In May 2000, Internap acquired CO Space and officially entered the colocation market. The company offers colocation services in New York, Boston, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Santa Clara, Dallas, and most recently, Los Angeles. In 2012, the company reported that it expanded its company-controlled data center footprint with the addition of 26,000 net sellable square feet across its Los Angeles and Atlanta markets. The newly expanded Atlanta data center was named first in Georgia to achieve Green Globes Certification and the Dallas-Fort Worth data center was the first in Texas to achieve Green Globes certification.
Internap acquired VitalStream Holdings, Inc., in February 2007. Internap joined the cloud space in 2011 with the launch of the world's first commercially available OpenStack™ Cloud Compute service. Most recently, in early 2012, Internap announced that it had acquired Voxel Holdings, Inc., a provider of scalable hosting and cloud services for enterprise users.
Internap has approximately 3,700 customers in the U.S. and abroad and approximately 500 employees. Its customers are companies that use the Internet for business-critical applications, direct sales, supply chain management, relationship building and collaboration. Internap has a foundation in the retail, gaming, technology, financial and business services industries.
Internap's President/CEO, Eric Cooney, since March 2009, serves as a member on the company’s Board of Directors. He was previously president and CEO of TANDBERG Television. The company named Daniel C. Stanzione, non-executive Chairman of the Board in June 2009; he has served as a director since 2004.
- "Eric Cooney, President, CEO". internap.com.
- "Daniel C. Stanzione, Chairman of the Board". internap.com.
- "Reuters Internap Company Profile". Reuters.
- Number subject to change as Internap expands services. Refer to recent SEC filings and annual reports on the company’s website "Internap.com website".
- "Internap "Los Angeles Colocation" data sheet". internap.com.
- "Internap 2012 Annual Report". files.shareholder.com.
- "Internap launches OpenStack™ Cloud Compute service".
- "Internap Names Eric Cooney as President, CEO and Director" (Press release). internap.com.
- "Internap Leadership Bio". internap.com.