||International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, Its Territories and Canada
||United States, Canada
Matthew D. Loeb, International President
James B. Wood, General Secretary-Treasurer
Thomas C. Short, International President
||New York, New York 10018
The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, or I.A.T.S.E., (full name: International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, Its Territories and Canada) is a labor union representing about 113,000 technicians, artisans and craftspersons in the entertainment industry, including live theatre, motion picture and television production, and trade shows. It was awarded Tony Honors for Excellence in Theatre in 1993.
Originally chartered by the American Federation of Labor as the National Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employes [sic] in 1893, its name has evolved over the course of 118 years of geographic and craft expansion as well as technological advancement. The current title, adopted in 1995, more accurately reflects the full scope of activities in the entertainment industry. For generations, the Union retained the historical spelling of the word "employes", calling itself the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employes. In recent years, however, it has chosen to use the more common spelling.
I.A.T.S.E. is composed of approximately 418 regional unions called Locals, organized into 14 Districts.
- District No. 1: Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.
- District No. 2: California, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii.
- District No. 3: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
- District No. 4: Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and District of Columbia.
- District No. 5: Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and New Mexico.
- District No. 6: Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
- District No. 7: Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
- District No. 8: Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky.
- District No. 9: Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas.
- District No. 10: New York and New Jersey.
- District No. 11: Provinces of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland.
- District No. 12: Provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia.
- District No. 14: Florida, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
US National Charters 
See also 
External links