International Anti-Corruption Conference
The International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC) is a series of international conferences organised the IACC Council in association with local governments and organisations, with Transparency International as its secretariat. The conference was first held in 1983 in Washington D.C., and has since been held every two years in a different country. The 15th IACC was held in Brasilia in November 2012, based on the theme "Mobilising people: connecting agents of change".
Previous host cities of the IACC
The table below shows the location of each IACC since the conference was first held in 1983.
The 14th IACC was held In Bangkok between 10 and 13 November 2010 with the theme “Restoring trust: Global action for transparency”. The conference was hosted jointly by the IACC Council, the National Anti-Corruption Committee, The Royal Thai Ministry of Justice and Transparency Thailand. Delegates from over 130 countries were present at the conference, which was also attended by the Prime Minister of Thailand Abhisit Vejjajiva, World Bank Managing Director Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Asian Development Bank President Haruhiko Kuroda and Transparency International chair Huguette Labelle.
The conference featured 40 workshop sessions structured around four identified global challenges:
- Restoring Trust for Peace and Security
- Fuelling Transparency and Accountability in the Natural Resources and Energy Markets
- Climate Governance: Ensuring a Collective Commitment
- Strengthening Global Action for an Accountable Corporate World
The 15th IACC was held in Brasilia between 7 and 10 November 2012, with the theme "Mobilising people: connecting agents of change". The conference was organised by the IACC Council, with Transparency International as the secretariat and in association with the Brazilian Office of the Comptroller General (OCG), AMARRIBO Brazil and Instituto Ethos.
- Hosts of 15th IACC, http://15iacc.org/about/hosts/language/en/
- Africa Recovery, http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/afrec/subjindx/134corru.htm
- 15th IACC, http://15iacc.org
- History of the IACC, http://15iacc.org/about/history/language/en/ Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- Andrew Marshall, How Corruption Is Holding Asia Back, Time World Magazine, November 10, 2010. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- Publish what you Pay, http://www.publishwhatyoupay.org/events/14th-international-anti-corruption-conference
- Asian Correspondent, http://asiancorrespondent.com/42074/global-anti-corruption-conference-to-be-held-in-bangkok/
- UN Global Compact, http://www.unglobalcompact.org/news/82-11-13-2010