International Association of Emergency Managers
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2012)|
The International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) is a non-profit dedicated to promoting the profession of emergency management by working with its membership to promote the goals of saving lives and protecting property during emergencies and disasters.
IAEM currently has over 5,000 members in more than 58 countries and is structured in seven Councils around the world: Asia, Canada, Europa, International, Oceania, Student and US.
IAEM promotes its Principles of Emergency Management.
IAEM's vision is to be recognized as the premier international organisation of emergency management professionals.
IAEM's mission is to advance the profession by promoting the principles of emergency management; to serve its members by providing information, networking and professional development opportunities; and to advance the profession.
The Certified Emergency Manager and the Associate Emergency Manager are certifications awarded through a peer-reviewed process via emergency management professionals known as the CEM Commission. Two CEM councils currently exist, the USA CEM Commission and the Asian/Oceanic CEM Commission which is managed by the CEM Global Commission.
- International Association of Emergency Managers - Official website
- IAEM Spain - Official website of IAEM in Spain
- "EMPrinciples". Iaem.com. 2011-08-31. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Certification-General CEM certification Info". Iaem.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Welcome to IAEM.COM- International Association of Emergency Managers". Iaem.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Welcome to IAEM.COM- International Association of Emergency Managers". Iaem.com. 2012-06-07. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- The New York Times, September 9, 2007, "Ready for Anything (That’s Their Job)", by Barbara Whitaker Discusses the role of emergency managers, including a quote from the IAEM.
|This article about a professional association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about disaster management or a disaster is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|