International Carnivorous Plant Society
|Slogan||Enjoying plants through cultivation... working to conserve wild habitat for the future... promoting research|
The International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS) is a non-profit organization founded in 1972. It is the International Cultivar Registration Authority for carnivorous plants. As of June 2011, the society had around 1400 members.
The ICPS is probably best known for its quarterly publication, the Carnivorous Plant Newsletter.
The ICPS has set up the Nepenthes clipeata Survival Project (NcSP) to facilitate ex situ conservation of this species. With only an estimated 15 plants remaining in the wild as of 1995, Nepenthes clipeata is the most endangered of all known tropical pitcher plants. It is estimated that there are only three or four genetically-distinct lines of "white market" (legally collected) plants in cultivation.
The ICPS partially funded the establishment of The Rare Nepenthes Collection, which aims to conserve four of the rarest Nepenthes species: N. aristolochioides, N. clipeata, N. khasiana, and N. rigidifolia.
- About the ICPS. International Carnivorous Plant Society.
- Baldwin, M. 2011. From the president. Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 40(2): 43.
- Cantley, R., C.M. Clarke, J. Cokendolpher, B. Rice & A. Wistuba 2004. Nepenthes clipeata Survival Project. International Carnivorous Plant Society.
- Simpson, R.B. 1995. Nepenthes and conservation. Curtis's Botanical Magazine 12: 111–118.
- Ziemer, B. 2010. Exciting conservation news: The Rare Nepenthes Collection project! Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 39(3): 67.
- Schlauer, J. 1998. The correct naming of carnivorous plants: ICBN, ICNCP, and the roles of CPN and ICPS. Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 27(1): 27–28.
- Meyers-Rice, B. 2001. PDF Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 30(2): 43–50.
- Brittnacher, J. 2002. PDF Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 31(3): 77.
- Brittnacher, J. 2002. PDF Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 31(4): 109.
- Rice, B. 2003. PDF Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 32(1): 12–13.
- Rice, B. & J. Brittnacher 2003. PDF Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 32(1): 29.
- Rice, B. 2005. PDF Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 34(4): 111–114.
- Official website
- Official Facebook page
- Official Facebook Forum
- Official Proboards Forum
- Official YouTube channel