International Conference on Information Systems
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2014)|
||This article may have too many links to other articles, and could require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2014)|
|International Conference on Information Systems|
International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) is an annual international conference for academics and research-oriented practitioners in the area of information systems. Previously known as the Conference on Information Systems (CIS), ICIS is the flagship conference of the Association for Information Systems, an international professional organization serving academics in information systems. It is generally regarded as one of the most prestigious gatherings for the information systems research community around the world.
ICIS was founded in 1980 at the University of California, Los Angeles, and the first conference was held in Philadelphia the same year. Starting 1990, when it had its first international venue in Copenhagen ICIS has been traditionally held outside of North America once every several years. ICIS is usually scheduled in early December and lasts for four days.
The conference is preceded by the ICIS Doctoral Consortium, held off site usually in a nearby resort. The consortium brings together senior faculty from Information Systems (many of whom were participants in past consortia) and ~40 doctoral students, selected from ~120 nominations (each university or institution is allowed to nominate only one participant).
- "2008 Australian Ranking of ICT Conferences". 2008. Retrieved 2012-08-13. (Tier A+, highest.)
- Zaïane, Osmar R. (August 2009). "Computer Science Conference Rankings". Retrieved 2009-08-25. (Rank 1, highest.)
- "Conference Listing". CAIS/NTU. Retrieved 2009-08-25. (Rank A, second-highest.)
- Kumar, Sanjeev (April 2007). "Research Conferences in Information Systems". Retrieved 2009-08-25.[dead link] (“…the most prominent research conference in IS research area…”)
- ICIS Site Selection Criteria