International Defence Exhibition
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|International Defence Exhibition (IDEX)|
IDEX 2011 logo
|Venue||Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre|
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Attendance||Nearly 45,000 in 2009|
The International Defence Exhibition & Conference, or IDEX, is a biennial arms and defence technology sales exhibition. According to the Jane's Defence Weekly website, IDEX is the largest arms exhibition in the Middle East. The business conducted at the 2005 IDEX totalled 2 billion US dollars.
IDEX for the past several show have been held in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) at Abu Dhabi and will again host in 2015. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE and Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces is the show's benefactor. It was previously held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. It is not known at this stage, where the 2015 event is going to be held.
As of 2010 well known exhibitors for the 2011 show are Lockheed Martin, EADS, Jobaria Defence, Streit Group, Oshkosh Corporation and Saab. The show is organized through the state-run Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (ADNEC), managed by Ali Bin Harmal Al Dhaheri.
- IMDEX - the International Maritime Defence Exhibition
- DefExpo - Defence expo in New Delhi, India
- DIMDEX - Defence expo in Doha, Qatar
- IDEAS - Defence expo in Karachi, Pakistan
- Special Operations Forces Exhibition (SOFEX) - Defence expo in Amman, Jordan
- Eurosatory - Defence expo in Paris, France
- MSPO - Defence expo in Kielce, Poland
- IDEX 2011
- Jane's IDEX 2011 show site at the Jane's Defense Weekly website
- IDEX 2009 at the Monocle (2007 magazine) website
- IDEX -2011 Press Release official IDEX website.
- IDEX 2011 - TheNational IDEX topic.
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|