International Hepato-Pancreato-Bilary Association
International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (IHPBA) is a non-profit organization established in 1994 to focus on medical conditions and procedures related to the liver, pancreas and biliary tract.
The organisation traces its origin to International Biliary Association (IBA), which was founded in 1978 in San Francisco. The IBA became the International Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Association (IHBPA) and a World Association of Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery (WAHPBS) was also formed with the first meeting at Lund on 9–13 June 1986, with 600 nearly attendees. These two organisations merged to become the IHPBA in 1994.
In 1999 the IHPBA established the journal HPB. The organisation was incorporated in the United States in June 2001, and it established the Warren Research Fellowship in the same year.
Since the first meeting of the merged IHPBA in 1994,the Congresses have been held even years.
- June 1994: Boston, USA
- 1996: Bologna, Italy
- 1998: Madrid, Spain
- 2000: Brisbane, Australia
- April 25–29, 2002: Tokyo, Japan
- 2004: Washington, USA
- April 2010: Buenos Aires, Argentina 
- July 1–5, 2012: Paris, France 
Regional Associations currently affiliated with the IHPBA include:
- Americas Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (AHPBA), incorporated in the United States in November 1994, holding its first regional Americas Congress in 1997.
- Asian-Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (A-PHPBA), incorporated in Hong Kong, its predecessor being the Asian Society of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery which held regional congresses in Asia from 1991.
- European Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (EHPBA), incorporated in Germany in 2005, its predecessor being the European Chapter of the IHPBA, initiated European Congresses in the odd years in 1995.
National Chapters variably affiliated with the IHPBA have existed in Argentina, Greece, Italy, Japan, and the United States for a number of years.
National Chapters have emerged in Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, Scandinavia, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- IHPBA: history and purpose
- Robin C. N. Williamson (1999). "The origins of the IHPBA". HPB 1: 7–12.
- Stig Bengmark (2002). "The early days of HPB: A personal reminiscence". HPB 4 (3): 117–121. doi:10.1080/136518202760388000. PMC 2020542. PMID 18332937.
- "The proposed merge with IHBPA". HPB Surgery 3: 301–302. 1991. doi:10.1155/1991/71341.
- Henry A. Pitt (2006). "International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association: who are we and where are we going?". HPB 8 (4): 243–247. doi:10.1080/13651820600835967. PMC 2023894. PMID 18333134.
- "5th Congress, Tokyo".
- "9th Congress, Buenos Aires".
- "10th World Congress of the IHPBA, Paris 2012".
- "About AHPBA".
- "Gennaro Nuzzo nuovo presidente dei chirurghi epatobiliari italiani" (in Italian).