International Latin Music Hall of Fame
The International Latin Music Hall of Fame was established in 1999.
The first Induction and Award ceremony was held on April 7, 1999. It honored the following inductess and recipients of the Special Recognition Awards:
1999 posthumous inductees
Miguel Faílde, Ignacio Piñeiro, Rafael Hernández, Ernesto Lecuona, Arsenio Rodríguez, Chano Pozo, Beny Moré, Perez Prado, Mario Bauza, Machito, Tito Rodríguez, Miguelito Valdés, Enrique Jorrín, Agustín Lara.
1999 Special Recognition Awards
- record promoter Ralph Mercado
- former Fania president Jerry Masucci
- musical director of the East Harlem School of Music Johnny Colon
- pianist-composer-conductor for the I Love Lucy show, Marco Rizo.
Antônio Carlos Jobim, Perez Prado, and João Gilberto.
2001 Special Recognition Awards
- Martin Cohen, chairman and founder of Latin Percussion for his contribution during nearly 40 years in music industry.
- ONTACTO Magazine article (article posted at alt.culture.cuba)
- LP's martin Cohen Honored by Intl. Latin Music Hall of Fame, Music Trades, July 2001