International Literature and Psychology Conference
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (May 2010)|
The annual International Literature and Psychology Conference (ILPC), also called the International Conference on Literature and Psychoanalysis or International Conference in Literature-and-Psychology, provides a forum for the exchange of ideas on the psychological study of literature and other arts. The conferences welcomes papers using psychoanalysis or other theoretical perspectives to explore literature, film, or other arts. Participants come from nations around the world including France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Serbia, the Czech Republic, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Japan, Canada, and the United States of America. The PsyArt Foundation, IPSA (at the University of Florida), along with various other universities, the University of Helsinki, the University of Paris VII and X, the University of Freiburg, the Instituto Superior de Psicologia Applicada in Lisbon, and other institutions, have for a number of years sponsored the annual International Conference in Literature and Psychology.
International conference history
- 1st: Pècs, Hungary. 1983.
- 2nd: Montpellier, France.
- 3rd: Aix-en-Provence, France.
- 4th: Kent, Ohio, U.S.A.
- 5th: Kirchberg, Austria.
- 6th: Janus Pannonius University. Pècs, Hungary. July, 1989.
- 7th: Centre International de Semiotique et de Linguistique. Urbino, Italy. July, 1990.
- 8th: London, England. July, 1991.
- 9th: Lisbon, Portugal. July, 1992. 
- 10th: University of Gröningen. Amsterdam, Holland. June–July, 1993.
- 11th: Sandbjerg, Denmark. June, 1994.
- 12th: Freiburg, Germany.
- 13th: Bentley College. Waltham, Massachusetts, U.S.A. July 2–6, 1996.
- 14th: Avila, Spain. July 2–6, 1997. 
- 15th: 1998. St. Petersburg Hotel. St. Petersburg, Russia. July 2–6, 1998. 
- 16th: University of Urbino. Urbino, Italy. July 8–12, 1999. 
- 17th: Bialystock, Poland. July 6–10, 2000. 
- 18th: University of Cyprus. Nicosia. May 15–20, 2001. 
- 19th: University of Siena. Arezzo, Italy. June 26 - July 1, 2002. 
- 20th: University of Greenwich. London, England. July 2–7, 2003. 
- 21st: Arles, France. June 30 - July 5, 2004.
- 22nd: Córdoba, Spain. June 29 - July 4, 2005.
- 23rd: University of Helsinki. Helsinki, Finland. June 28 - July 3, 2006.
- 24th: University of Belgrade. Belgrade, Serbia. July 4–9, 2007.
- A History of the International Conference in Literature-and-Psychology
- The International Conference In Literature-And-Psychology
- Frederico Pereira (Ed.), Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Literature and Psychology. Sandbjerg (Denmark). June 1994. Lisbon: Instituto Superior de Psicologia Aplicada [ISPA], 1995.