International Old Catholic Bishops' Conference
The International Old Catholic Bishops' Conference or International Bishops' Conference of the Union of Utrecht is the convocation of bishops in the Old Catholic Churches of Europe that are in communion with the Archbishop of Utrecht. It is similar to the Lambeth Conference in the Union's sister church, the Anglican Communion. Like the Lambeth Conference, it is not a legislative body.
According to the Union of Utrecht, the primary responsibilities of the IBC are:
- maintaining community among the Old Catholic Churches of the Union of Utrecht
- taking a stand in controversial questions of faith and related ethical behaviours as well as in church order
- making statements on faith and basic principles in the name of the Union of Utrecht in certain situations
- regulating the relationships with other churches and religious communities
- accepting a church into the Union of Utrecht
- accepting a bishop into the IBC
The Conference meets yearly.