International Order of St. Luke the Physician
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2007)|
The International Order of Saint Luke is an inter-denominational religious order dedicated to the Christian healing ministry. It was founded by John Gayner Banks, an Episcopal priest, in 1947.
Members engage in healing prayer with those who are physically ill, emotionally troubled or in other distress, often with the laying on of hands. Members may be clergy or lay people, Ministry by members of the Order is seen and experienced as an extension, but not a replacement for other parts of Christian religious observance and practice. Chapters, or groups of members of the Order, meet together regularly to study Scripture and engage in prayer.
- The International Order of Saint Luke the Physician
- The Order of St. Luke the Physician in Australia
- Order of St. Luke the Physician in New Zealand
- The Order of St. Luke the Physician in UK
- List of countries with chapters of the OSL
|This article about a Christian organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|