|Texas State Highway Spur 97
Texas State Highway 121
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length:||8.756 mi (14.091 km)
0.589 miles (0.948 km) as Spur 97
6.939 miles (11.167 km) without designation
1.227 miles (1.975 km) as SH 121
|Existed:||September 21, 1973 – present|
|South end:||SH 183 / SH 360 in Euless|
|SH 121 / SH 114 in Grapevine|
|North end:||I‑635 in Grapevine|
The International Parkway, is a major north-south highway in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Its main purpose is to provide access to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) from the metropolitan area. Part of the Parkway from its southern at State Highway 183 (SH 183, Airport Freeway) and SH 360 to the South Entry/Exit toll booths for DFW Airport are designated as State Highway Spur 97; the section near the northern end between the John W. Carpenter Freeway (SH 114 / SH 121) and the interchange with Interstate 635 (Texas) (I-635) and the Sam Rayburn Tollway (SH 121) is designated as part of State Highway 121.
The International Parkway starts at an interchange with SH 183 and SH 360 southwest of the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. From there it runs eastward on ramps parallel to SH 183 (Airport Freeway) before turning northward as Spur 97. The Spur 97 designation ends on the south side of the airport property before the parkway passes through a toll booth. The parkway runs across the airport property between the various terminal buildings. North of the terminals, the parkway passes through another toll booth before reaching an interchange with SH 114 and SH 121; north of this interchange the parkway picks up the SH 121 designation. North of an interchange with I-635, the International Parkway moniker ends and SH 121 continues northward.
Spur 97 was designated in 1940 on a route from SH 77 to Marietta in Cass County as a renumbering of SH 245. This route was cancelled and became a portion of FM 250 in 1945. Spur 97 was redesignated in 1965 on a route from IH 610 and SH 225 to Lawndale Ave in Houston. The route became a portion of SH 225 in 1969 when it was extended westward. The International Parkway opened to traffic on September 21, 1973,The current Spur 97 designation dates to 1974. The SH 121 designation was applied to an extension to the airport on May 15, 1980.
The entire route is in Tarrant County.
|Fort Worth||0.000||0.000||SH 183 / SH 360||Southern terminus|
|0.742||1.194||Spur 97||Southern end of Spur 97 designation|
|1.331||2.142||Spur 97||Northern end of Spur 97 designation|
|Euless||1.564||2.517||Rental Car Drive||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|1.872||3.013||Frontage Road / Airfield Drive – Corporate Aviation / Remote South Parking|
|DFW Airport||2.674||4.303||South Toll Plaza|
|Turnaround / Parking|
|3.758||6.048||Airport Staff Parking||Authorized personnel only|
|4.362||7.020||Express South Parking|
|4.719||7.594||E||Terminal E / Parking|
|5.126||8.249||D||Terminal D / Parking / Grand Hyatt|
|5.218||8.398||C||Terminal C / Parking / Hyatt Regency|
|5.523||8.888||B||Terminal B / Parking|
|5.700||9.173||A||Terminal A / Parking|
|6.537||10.520||Express North Parking|
|Turnaround / Parking|
|6.915||11.129||North Toll Plaza|
|Grapevine||7.116||11.452||Airfield Drive – Remote North Parking|
|7.529||12.117||SH 114 west / SH 121 south||South end of overlap with SH 121|
|8.756||14.091||I‑635 east||Western end of I-635|
|8.756||14.091||SH 121 north to Sam Rayburn Tollway||Northern terminus, SH 121 continues northward|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "State Highway Spur No. 97". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 26, 2012.
- Texas Department of Transportation. Statewide Planning Map (Map). Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division. http://www.dot.state.tx.us/travel/planning_map.htm. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "Airport overpasses to be opened today". Dallas Morning News. September 21, 1973.
- Google Inc. "Overview Map of International Parkway". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=TX-121+S&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=32.964801,-97.030134&sspn=0.018111,0.014849&geocode=FbfZ9gEdPkg3-g%3BFaoS9QEdNvk2-g&mra=ls&t=h&z=13. Retrieved March 23, 2012.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "State Highway No. 121". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved June 15, 2010.