International Powerlifting Federation
The International Powerlifting Federation is an international governing body for the sport of powerlifting as recognized by the General Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF) as well as the International Olympic Committee via inclusion into the World Games.
The IPF was founded in 1971, and comprises member federations from more than one hundred countries with new ones being added yearly. The current IPF president is Detlev Albrings, from Germany. Earlier this year Detlev Albrings announced his resignation to be 31.07.2012, interim president until the following elections will be Johnny Graham from USA. The IPF is the largest and most respected powerlifting federation in the world.
IPF is a drug-testing federation that restricts supportive equipment usage to single-ply polyester shirts and suits.
List of National Affiliates
- U.S.A. Powerlifting U.S.A. Powerlifting (USAPL)
- Canadian Powerlifting Union (CPU)
- Commission Sportive Nationale de Force Athletique (CSNFA)
- Finnish Powerlifting Federation (FPF)
- German Powerlifting Federation (GPF)
- Great Britain Powerlifting Federation (GBPF)
- Powerlifting Association of the Philippines (PAP)
- Hungarian Poverlifting Federation (HPF)
- Powerlifting Australia (PA)
- Russian Powerlifting Federation (RPF)
- South African Powerlifting Federation (SAPF)
- Swedish Powerlifting Federation (SPF)
- Ukraine Powerlifting Federation (UPF)
- International Powerlifting Federation - 1975 World Congress and Championships
- International World Games Association
- Official IPF web site
- Official Powerlifting Australia Ltd web site
- Official Canadian Powerlifting Union web site