International Securities Exchange
|Founded||May 26, 2000|
|Key people||Gary Katz, CEO|
|Products||Options, Stock, Market Data|
International Securities Exchange Holdings, Inc. (ISE) is a wholly owned subsidiary of German derivatives exchange Eurex, who is owned by Deutsche Börse AG (Xetra: DB1). It is a member of the Options Clearing Corporation (OCC) and the Options Industry Council (OIC).
Founded in 2000, the ISE began its inception in 1997 with then-chairman of E-Trade, William A. Porter and his colleague, Marty Averbuch. They approached David Krell and Gary Katz about their concept and the four founded what is today the International Securities Exchange, a leading U.S. equity options exchange.
Launched as the first fully electronic US options exchange, ISE developed a unique market structure for advanced screen-based trading.
ISE offers equity and index options, including proprietary index products, as well as FX options based on foreign currency pairs. ISE also offers market data tools designed for sophisticated investors seeking information on investor sentiment, volatility, and other options data. In 2013, ISE strengthened its focus on ETF and Index development with Introduction of ISE ETF Ventures.
In August 2008, ISE Stock Exchange announced a partnership with the electronic communication network Direct Edge. The deal made the ISE Stock Exchange a wholly owned subsidiary of Direct Edge and gave ISE an ownership stake in Direct Edge.
ISE Options Exchange
The International Securities Exchange (ISE) operates a U.S. options exchange As a member of Eurex Group, ISE is combined with Eurex Exchange to form one of the largest transatlantic derivatives marketplaces, with daily trading volumes exceeding 9 million contracts across a growing range of asset classes. Eurex Group is owned by Deutsche Börse AG (Xetra: DB1) and comprises Eurex Exchange, the International Securities Exchange, the European Energy Exchange, Eurex Clearing, Eurex Bonds and Eurex Repo.
- ISE Joins Direct Edge to Gain U.S. Share Wall Street Journal
- International Securities Exchange Now the Third Largest U.S. Options Exchange; Solid Growth Trend Strengthens November 1, 2001, Business Wire
- ISE Meets Listings Target on Second Anniversary May 23, 2002, Securities Industry News
- Options Mart Is No.1 Despite Trade Through May 2004, Traders Magazine
- The Risk Awards 2004 by January 2004/Volume17/No1
- Bloomberg News April 30, 2008
- Bloomberg News April 30, 2007
- Fox News December 20, 2007
- ISE January 2, 2009