International Society of Nephrology
In 1997 the society formed a task force to provide emergency dialysis services in areas struck by disasters (usually earthquakes), where numerous victims may develop acute renal failure due to crush syndrome. Supported by Médecins Sans Frontières, industry sponsors and professional associations, the Renal Disaster Relief Task Force sends renal nurses, technicians and doctors to the affected area. Since its establishment, it has assisted in a number of major earthquakes in several countries.
The current leadership of the ISN includes John Feehally (president), Adeera Levin (secretary general), Victor Schuster (treasurer), Giuseppe Remuzzi (president elect) and Luca Segantini (executive director).
- Lameire N, Vanholder R, Clement J, et al. (1997). "The organization of the European Renal Disaster Relief Task Force". Ren Fail 19 (5): 665–71. doi:10.3109/08860229709109032. PMID 9380885.
- Lameire N, Mehta R, Vanholder R, Sever M (2003). "The organization and interventions of the ISN Renal Disaster Relief Task Force". Adv Ren Replace Ther 10 (2): 93–9. doi:10.1053/jarr.2003.50012. PMID 12879369.
- "Professor John Feehally". Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Adeera Levin". Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Giuseppe Remuzzi". Retrieved 2011-12-11.
|This article about a medical organization or association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|