International Stuttering Association
|Motto||A world that understands stuttering|
|Type||Nonprofit support group|
|Headquarters||New Ulm, Minnesota, United States|
|Membership||National and international self-help stuttering organizations|
|Main organ||One Voice (twice a year)|
The International Stuttering Association (ISA) is a nonprofit international support group organization for people who stutter. It was founded at the first ISA meeting in Linköping, Sweden, in July 1995.
Membership of ISA is open to national or international self-help organizations of people who stutter. Individuals can become non-voting special friends or honorary members.
International Stuttering Awareness Day (ISAD)
Together with the International Fluency Association and the European League of Stuttering Associations, the International Stuttering Association celebrates, every 22 October, International Stuttering Awareness Day (ISAD) which includes an online conference on stuttering and a media campaign.
Other organisations on stuttering/stammering
- American Institute for Stuttering
- British Stammering Association
- European League of Stuttering Associations
- Israel Stuttering Association (AMBI)
- Michael Palin Centre for Stammering Children
- National Stuttering Association, United States
- Stuttering Foundation of America
- The Indian Stammering Association
- The Belgium Stammering Association vzw Best www.stotteren.be
- "What we Do". International Stuttering Association. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Jaan Pill, Benny Ravid, Mark Irwin, Stefan Hoffmann, Martine De Vloed, Thomas Krall and Mel Hoffman (14 September 2001). "The International Stuttering Association". Minnesota State University Mankato. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "Contact Us". International Stuttering Association. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Board of Directors (Current)". International Stuttering Association. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Keith Boss (England)". International Stuttering Association. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "One Voice". One Voice (International Stuttering Association) (32). August 2012.
- "One Voice Newsletter". International Stuttering Association. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "UWE academic takes part in online stuttering conference". University of the West of England, Bristol. 25 September 2007. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "Nosením zelenej stužky sa dá vyjadriť pochopenie pre koktavých ("Wearing green ribbons can express sympathy for stuttering")". Topky (Bratislava). 20 October 2012. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "International Stuttering Awareness Day (ISAD): October 22". International Stuttering Association. Retrieved 29 October 2012.