International Track & Field
|International Track & Field
European PAL cover art
|Artist(s)||Keiichiro Toyama, Shigeru Kobayashi|
International Track & Field is a 3D update of Konami's Track & Field series, in which up to four players compete in eleven different Olympic events. The game was released for the PlayStation and the arcades in 1996. The arcade version was released only in Japan as Hyper Athlete. In 2008 the game was released on PlayStation Network. All six events from the first game, 1983's Track & Field, are included; but tellingly, only three events (swimming, pole vault and triple jump) are taken from the less accomplished sequel, Hyper Sports. International Track & Field uses the three-button control system of its predecessors (two RUN buttons and one ACTION button per player) and the eleven disciplines can be attempted in any order. The available events are:
- 100m Sprint
- Long Jump
- Shot Put
- 100m Free style
- 110m Hurdle
- High Jump
- Triple Jump
- Pole Vault
- C, Alex (2008-08-21). "PSN Store Update: 21/08/08". TheSixthAxis. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- Sinclair, Brendan (2009-11-25). "PSN Store stuffed for Thanksgiving". Industry Gamers. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- "Hyper Athlete". Killer List of Videogames. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- "International Track & Field". IGN. 1996-11-25. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "International Track & Field". GameRankings. Retrieved 2010-01-06.