International University in Geneva
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|International University in Geneva|
|Latin: studium de rebus vertendis|
|Motto in English||provide the highest quality education for student success in business and related careers|
|Dean||Patrice Anne Nuq|
Founded with the aim of providing a multicutural education, it has the status of a not-for-profit Swiss Private Foundation. Its first president was David Williamson (retired president of DuPont). IUG's mission is to "provide the highest quality education for student success in business and related careers" in "cooperation with the international business community." The International Herald Tribune called IUG one of "the most international of Switzerland's university level institutions".
IUG promotes and encourages cultural diversity, and aims to develop analytical skills and human behavior analysis that serves the needs of future leaders in the professional & political world scenario of 2020. There are 270 students.
International University in Geneva offers a undergraduate and graduate programs such as Bachelor and Master degrees in several disciplines, including International Relations, Media and Communications, Computer Science, Business Administration, International business, International Trade, International Relations.
The International University in Geneva is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs ACBSP, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as a programmatic accreditor, and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). It is referenced in the "International Handbook of Universities" 2014, Vol 3 , published by UNESCO and the International Association of Universities. It is not listed by the Rectors' Conference of the Swiss Universities.
Faculty members have earned degrees at London Business School, Cranfield, HLS, IMD, INSEAD, Sorbonne, Berkeley, and work at United Nations agencies, NGOs, and other multinational companies.
Guest speakers and honorary doctors for the graduation ceremony have included Adolf Ogi, Queen Noor of Jordan, Sir Peter Alexander Ustinov, Bertrand Piccard, Edward de Bono, Daniel Borel, Albert II, Prince of Monaco, Patrick Odier, Sepp Blatter, Werner Geissler from Procter & Gamble, and former IOC Director General François Carrard.
IUG has developed educational affiliation agreements for study-abroad in Europe including ESIC Madrid in Spain, Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Helsinki in Finland, Institut Supérieur du Commerce Paris in France and Yeditepe University Istanbul in Turkey.
IUG developed educational affiliation agreements for study-abroad in North and South America including Tulane in New Orleans, IUP in Pennsylvania, MIIS in California, UConn in Connecticut, Champlain College in Vermont, Anahuac University in Mexico City, Universidad Externado de Colombia in Colombia and Universidad de San Ignacio de Loyola in Peru.
- "International University in Geneva - Undergraduate profile". http://www.topuniversities.com.
- "International University in Geneva". http://www.universitieshandbook.com.
- "IUG Brochure 2012-13". http://issuu.com.
- Mary Krienke, "International Education in Switzerland", International Herald Tribune, 29-30 March 2003
- "Member schools Swiss federation of Private Schools". http://www.swiss-schools.ch.
- "International University in Geneva". http://www.mastersportal.eu.
- "World Ranking Guide". http://worldranking.blogspot.ch.
- "International Relationships - Institutions". http://www1.plymouth.ac.uk.
- "ACBSP Accredited members". http://www.acbsp.org.
- "IACBE". http://www.iacbe.org.
- "CRUS Recognized or Accredited Swiss Higher Education Institutions". http://www.crus.ch.
- Business School Ranking in Switzerland "Eduniversal programs rankings 2013/2014". http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com.
- "Zoominfo Eric Willumsen". http://www.zoominfo.com.
- "Full Member". http://www.clubofrome.org.
- "Prince Albert 2 of Monaco, awarded an Honorary Doctorate IUG". http://divainternational.ch.
- "Top Swiss University in International Business Education IUG". http://www.petersons.com.
- "Les formations internationales en Suisse". http://www.studyrama.ch.
- "International Network". http://www.iun.ch.