International rankings of Italy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article is outdated. (July 2011)|
- Rome: ranked 9; Time Out's Top Ten cities in the world 2009, Timesonline
- Milan: ranked 1; Top Fashion Capital 2009, The Global Language Monitor
- Population: ranked 23
- Population density: ranked 58
- Total fertility rate: ranked 205
- Birth rate: ranked 221
- Mortality rate: ranked 57
- Nominal Gross Domestic Product: ranked 7
- Public debt: ranked 7 at 104% of GDP
- PPP Gross Domestic Product: ranked 10
- Economic growth rate: ranked 195 at 1.40%
- Labour force participation: 23rd in the world (24,740,000 workers).
- Unemployment: 78th lowest at 6.20%
- Index of Economic Freedom: ranked 64
- World Economic Forum: Global Competitiveness Report 2008-2009, ranked 49 out of 130 countries 
- Infant mortality rate: ranked 16
- Life expectancy: ranked 18
- HIV/AIDS adult prevalence rate: ranked 73 at 0.5%
- Total HIV/AIDS adult infectons: ranked 42 at 140,000
- International Union of Railways: Rail transport network size: ranked 17
- CIA World Factbook: road network size 2004, ranked 14
- CIA World Factbook: number of airports 2007, ranked 46
- CIA World Factbook: waterways length ranked 40
- Military expenditures: ranked 7
- 5th most Christian country in the world by percent of population (47,690,000; 90%).
- 5th most Roman Catholic country in the world by percent of population (55,599,000; 97.20% of all Italian Christians)
- Quality-of-Life Index: ranked 8
- Alcohol consumption: ranked 48
- University of Leicester Satisfaction with Life Index 2006, ranked 50 out of 178 countries
- Association football: Italian men's team are 2nd in the world in FIFA World Rankings, and 4th in the world in World Football Elo Ratings
- Italian women's team are 13th in the world in FIFA Women's World Rankings
- Basketball: Italy national basketball team are 8th in the world in FIBA World Rankings
- Cricket: Italian cricket team are 27th in the world.
- 6th most successful nation on the All-time Olympic Games medal table (combined summer and winter)
- 5th most successful nation on the All-time Olympic Games medal table (summer games).
- 11th most successful nation on the All-time Olympic Games medal table (winter games).
- Rugby League: Italy national rugby league team are 16th in the world on the RLIF World Rankings
- Rugby Union: Italy national rugby union team are 10th in the world on the IRB World Rankings
- Water Polo: Italy men's national water polo team are 6th in the world
- Italy women's national water polo team are 1st in the world
- Volleyball: Italy men's national volleyball team are 6th in the world on the FIVB World Rankings
- Italy women's national volleyball team are 2nd in the world in the FIVB World Rankings
- 6th largest exporter of goods in the world ($ 502,400,000,000)
- 9th largest importer in the world ($ 498,100,000,000)
|UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)||Number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites||1. out of 148|
|WHO (World Health Organization)||Healthcare system rankings||2. out of 180|
|World Bank||Total GDP, 2009||7. out of 144|
|United Nations Development Programme||Human Development Index||18. out of 182|
|World Economic Forum||Global Competitiveness Report, 2010||48. out of 139|
|Transparency International||Corruption Perceptions Index||63. out of 180|
|Freedomhouse Organization||Freedom of the Press Evaluation, 2010||72. out of 192|
- "World Heritage Centre - World Heritage List". Whc.unesco.org. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems". Photius.com. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- Interim Update, September 2009, UNWTO Tourism Barometer
- Countries by GDP. International Monetary Fund.
- Gross domestic product 2009
- CIA World Factobook, GDP
- The Economist Intelligence Unit’s quality-of-life index, Economist, 2005
- www1.internationalliving.com/qofl2010/ "The Quality-of-Life Index 2010"] (PDF). International Living Magazine. www1.internationalliving.com/qofl2010/. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Vision of Humanity". Vision of Humanity. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Gross domestic product per capita, current prices". International Monetary Fund. Retrieved 4 May 2007.
- "Index of Economic Freedom". Heritage Foundation & The WSJ. www.heritage.org. 2007. Retrieved 10 April 2007.
- "Freedom of the Press 2010 - Table of Global Press Freedom Rankings". Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- "Media Centre | News | Human Development Reports (HDR) | United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)". Hdr.undp.org. 2008-12-18. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Strikes by country. Definition, graph and map". Nationmaster.com. 2009-11-18. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- World Economic Forum. "Rankings: Global Competitiveness Report 2008-2009". Retrieved 2008-10-12.[dead link]
- Economist Intelligence Unit Democracy Index 2008 (PDF)
- Adherents. "Christian Statistics: The Largest Christian Populations". Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- Adherants. "Christian Statistics: The Largest Christian Populations". Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- Satisfaction with Life Index
- "Shane's associate rankings.". Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "Gross domestic product 2009". World Bank.
- "The Global Competitiveness Report 2010-2011". WEF. Retrieved 2010-09-09.[dead link]
- "Freedom of the Press 2010". freedomhouse.org. Retrieved 3 May 2010.