||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)
Internet Download Manager (also called IDM) is a shareware download manager. It is only available for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
IDM while downloading a file in Windows 8.
- Divides downloads into multiple streams for faster downloading
- Batch downloads
- Import/Export download jobs
- Auto/manual updating of download address
- Multiple queues
- Recent downloads list for easy access to directories
- Video downloading from streaming video sites.
- Dynamic segmentation throughout the downloading process.
- Protocols: HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, MMS and Microsoft ISA
- Authentication protocols: Basic, Negotiate, NTLM, and Kerberos allowing for storage and auto-authentication of user names and passwords.
IDM supports the following web browsers: Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape Navigator, Apple Safari, Flock, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and many others.
In CNET's review, IDM received a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars with CNET concluding "Internet Download Manager strikes us as a natural choice for users in need of a trusty transfer tool".
Softpedia gave IDM a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars with Ullu Ka Pattha stating in his review that "Internet Download Manager is a must have application for many users out there".
- ^ "Internet Download Manager News".
- ^ "Download FLV Videos from Video Sites with IDM plugin". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ^ "Download Internet Download Manager free". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ^ "Internet Download Manager – Free Trial Download – Tucows Downloads". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ^ "Internet Download Manager Features". Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- ^ "Internet Download Manager - CNET Download.com". Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- ^ "Download Internet Download Manager 6.12 Beta 2 / 6.11 Build 8 Free Trial – Schedule, resume and accelerate downloads by up to 5 times with this very good accelerator – Softpedia". Retrieved 8 July 2012.