Telecommunications in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Telecommunications in Bosnia and Herzegovina was well established before the Bosnian war erupted in the early 1990s, the infrastructure included the telephone and telegraph network, as well as a network for transfer of data. The total capacity of Bosnia and Herzegovina telephone exchange facilities was 744,000 telephone lines. The war caused huge material damages on telecommunications facilities. In addition, the administrative division of the country into two entities created a division in the telecommunications sector. Post-war reconstruction of the telecommunications network is aided by an internationally sponsored program under European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
The data source is the Communications Regulatory Agency of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Regulatorna agencija za komunikacije Bosne i Hercegovine) and the reference date is the status on 31.12.2012.
Fixed telephony providers
- National providers: 3 operators
- Alternative providers: 13 operators
Fixed telephony subscribers
Mobile phone providers
Percentage of the population of BiH covered with:
Mobile phone subscribers
- Internet users in Bosnia and Herzegovina: 2.189.940
- Penetration rate in Bosnia and Herzegovina: 57%
- Internet hosts: 551.037 subscribers
- Internet Service Providers (ISPs): 73
- Top level domain for Bosnia and Herzegovina is .BA.
- Country code for Bosnia and Herzegovina is +387.
A top-level domain (TLD) administrator is University of Sarajevo via Univerzitetski tele-informatički centar UTIC (University Tele-Information Technology Centre). Main information about the status of registered domain names (as well as the WHOIS information) can be found on the official website www.nic.ba and www.utic.unsa.ba.
- www.cra.ba (2013). Telekomunikacijski pokazatelji Bosne i Hercegovine za 2012. godinu (in Bosnian) (2013 ed.). Sarajevo: Communications Regulatory Agency of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- "Blicnet pokreće uslugu mobilne telefonije!". Blic.net. www.blic.net. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- www.nic.ba. "Registracija domene". www.nic.ba (in Bosnian). NIC.ba. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- Communications Regulatory Agency of Bosnia and Herzegovina (English)
- NIC (Bosnian)