Internet in Morocco
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
Operated by Maroc Telecom. The service started as a test in November 2002 before it was launched in October 2003 and it's one of the most technologically advanced Internet services in the African continent. The service is offered by the subsidiary Menara. It offers the following options:
- Menara ADSL 4 Mbit/s (around €10 + land line fees €15)
- Menara ADSL2+ 8 Mbit/s (around €15 + land line fees €15)
- Menara ADSL2+ 12 Mbit/s (around €20 + land line fees €15)
- Menara ADSL2+ 20 Mbit/s (around €50 + land line fees €15)
The installation is free, but the ADSL equipments fees modem or router vary depending on offers. Land line is also included and mandatory and paid separately as shown above. The obligation of land line with internet subscription has been negotiated many times for exclusion but until now Menara do not offer such subscription.
Méditel offers 3G in 2 different options:
- Méditel 3G+ 7.2 Mbit/s (around €12)
- Méditel 3G+ 14.4 Mbit/s (around €20)
Similar to Méditel, Maroc Telecom 3G is offered in the same different speeds and almost the same prices.
INWI, formerly known as Wana offers 3G for MAD200 per month (€19) in its offer "Internet Mobile".
|This Morocco-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|