Interstate 35 in Missouri
|Maintained by MoDOT|
|Length:||114.74 mi (184.66 km)|
|South end:||I‑35 at the Kansas state line|
| I-670 in Kansas City
I-70 in Kansas City
I-29 / US 40 / US 71 in Kansas City
I-29 / US 71 in Kansas City
I-435 in Claycomo
US 36 / I-35 Bus. in Cameron
Route 13 near Bethany
US 136 in Bethany
|North end:||I-35 at the Iowa state line|
Interstate 35 (I-35) is a Interstate Highway that stretches from Laredo, Texas in the south to Duluth in the north. The portion of I-35 through Missouri travels nearly 115 miles (185 km) from just south of Kansas City, through the downtown freeway loop, and across the Missouri River before leaving the downtown area. North of Kansas City, the highway travels north-northeast towards the Iowa state line near Eagleville, paralleling U.S. Route 69 (US 69).
Kansas City metropolitan area
I-35 enters Missouri two miles (3 km) southwest of Kansas City's Central Business District as a six-lane highway. After merging with Southwest Trafficway and Broadway, it becomes eight lanes and continues north to downtown Kansas City, where it serves as the west and north legs of the Downtown freeway loop. Along the north edge of the loop, I-35 joins with I-70 immediately west of Broadway and carries six lanes of traffic with a speed limit of 45 mph (72 km/h). Upon leaving the loop, Interstate 29 begins, concurrent with I-35. The two interstates cross the Missouri River together on the Bond Bridge.
Daviess, and Harrison counties
I-35 continues north from Cameron, intersecting US 69 as it crosses from the west to the east side of the highway before intersecting Route 6, providing access to Weatherby to the west of I-35. North of the interchange with Route 6, US 69 intersects I-35 again and for the remainder of its route stays to the west of I-35. Between Route DD, providing local access to farmland, and Route C, providing access to Pattonsburg, I-35 crosses the Grand River west of the Elam Bend Conservation Area. A final interchange with Routes B and N, providing access to Coffey, mark the last exit inside of Daviess County, and I-35 enters Harrison County.
Routes AA and H, which provides access to Gilman City to the east, are the first interchange with in Harrison County as I-35 continues northeasterly through northern Missouri, intersecting Route 13 south of the county seat, Bethany. Two interchanges provide access to Bethany, one with US 136 and one with US 69 Spur. Route A provides access to the town of Ridgeway to the east of the Interstate, and Route N further north provides access to Eagleville to the west and Blythedale to the east. Rest stops for both directions of travel are north of Route N, as well as a welcome center for motorists traveling southbound before intersecting 100th Street (US 69) before crossing into Iowa.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2014)|
|Jackson||Kansas City||0.000||0.000||I‑35 south||Continuation into Kansas|
|0.795||1.279||1A||Southwest Trafficway||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|1.038||1.670||1B||27th Street, Broadway||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|1.343||2.161||1C||Southwest Boulevard, West Pennway||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|1D||20th Street||Southbound exit only|
|1.857||2.989||2U||Broadway||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|2.025||3.259||I-670 east – St. Louis||I-670 exit 2T|
|2.053||3.304||I-670 west – Topeka||Northbound exit and southbound entrance; I-670 exit 2T|
|2.080||3.347||2V||14th Street - Downtown Kansas City||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|2.866||4.612||2X||I-70 west / US 24 west / US 169 south (US 40 west)||South end of I-70/US 24/US 40 overlap|
|3.028||4.873||2Y||US 169 north / Broadway||Signed as exit 2C southbound|
|3.211||5.168||2D||Main Street, Delaware Street, Wyandotte Street||No southbound exit|
|3.583||5.766||2E||Route 9 north / Oak Street|
|3.476||5.594||2F||Oak Street, Grand Avenue, Walnut Street||Southbound exit only|
|3.912||6.296||2G||I-29 north / I-70 east / US 40 east / US 71 south – St. Joseph, St. Louis, Des Moines||Signed as exit 3 southbound; north end of I-70/US 40 overlap; south end of I-29/US 71 overlap|
|4.068||6.547||2H||US 24 east / The Paseo||Signed as exit 4A southbound; north end of US 24 overlap|
|Christopher S. Bond Bridge|
|Clay||North Kansas City||5.447||8.766||5A||Levee Road||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|5.499||8.850||Bedford Street||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|6.057||9.748||5B||16th Avenue||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|6.629||10.668||6||Route 210 east (Armour Road) – North Kansas City||Signed as exits 6A (east) and 6B (west)|
|Kansas City||8.181||13.166||8A||Parvin Road|
|8.496||13.673||8B||I-29 north / US 71 north – St. Joseph, Kansas City International Airport||North end of I-29/US 71 overlap|
|9.018||14.513||8C||Route 1 (Antioch Road)|
|9.611||15.467||9||Route 269 south (Choteau Trafficway)|
|10.612||17.078||10||North Brighton Avenue||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|11.254||18.112||11||US 69 (Vivion Road) – Claycomo|
|Claycomo||12.917||20.788||12A||I-435 south – St. Louis|
|13.154||21.169||12B||I-435 north – St. Joseph, Kansas City International Airport||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|Pleasant Valley||14.082||22.663||13||US 69 south – Pleasant Valley, Liberty, Glenaire, Claycomo||South end of US 69 overlap; signed as exit 14 southbound|
|Liberty||16.443||26.462||16||Route 152 – Liberty, Kansas City International Airport|
|17.942||28.875||17||Route 291 to I-435 – Liberty, Kansas City International Airport|
|20.348||32.747||20||US 69 north / Route 33 – Excelsior Springs, Lawson||North end of US 69 overlap|
|Kearney||26.320||42.358||26||Route 92 – Excelsior Springs, Kearney|
|Clinton||Holt||33.222||53.466||33||Route PP – Holt, Lawson|
|40.128||64.580||40||Route 116 – Polo, Lathrop|
|48.329||77.778||48||US 69 – Cameron, Lawson|
|Cameron||52.822||85.009||52||I-35 Bus. north / Route BB – Cameron|
|DeKalb||54.306||87.397||54||US 36 / I-35 Bus. south / Route 110 east – Cameron, Hamilton|
|Daviess||61.606||99.145||61||US 69 – Winston, Jamesport|
|65.076||104.730||64||Route 6 – Gallatin, Maysville|
|78.132||125.741||76||Route C – Pattonsburg|
|80.481||129.522||80||Route B / Route N – Coffey|
|Harrison||84.440||135.893||84||Route AA / Route H – Gilman City|
|88.465||142.371||88||Route 13 – Bethany, Gallatin|
|Bethany||92.296||148.536||92||US 136 – Princeton, Bethany|
US 69 Spur – Bethany
|99.860||160.709||99||Route A – Ridgeway|
|Eagleville||106.346||171.147||106||Route N – Eagleville, Blythedale|
|114.74||184.66||I-35 north||Continuation into Iowa|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Cameron Business Loop
|Length:||3.233 mi (5.203 km)|
|Clinton||0.000||0.000||Route BB (East Evergreen Street)||Southern terminus; end concurrency with Route BB|
|0.867||1.395||US 69 south (Walnut Street)||End concurrency with Route BB, Loop 35 turns north onto US 69|
US 36 Bus. (Grand Avenue)
|US 36 Bus. becomes concurrent northbound, exits westbound|
|2.378||3.827||US 36 west / US 69 north||End concurrency with US 69, end US 36 Bus.|
|3.233||5.203||I-35 / Route 110 west – Kansas City, Bethany||End concurrency on US 36|
|US 36 east / Route 110 east||Continuation past I-35|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
I-35 has two auxiliary routes in Missouri:
- I-435: The Kansas City beltway
- I-635: Bypass of downtown Kansas City providing a connection between the KC Northland and Overland Park, Kansas
- Adderly, Kevin (January 19, 2012). "Table 1: Main Routes of the Dwight D. Eisenhower National System Of Interstate and Defense Highways". FHWA Route Log and Finder List. Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Google, Inc. "Interstate 35 in Missouri". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m4!1m3!1d1496579!2d-95.1738213!3d40.1401899!4m36!3m27!1m5!1sW+100th+St%2C+Lamoni%2C+IA+50140!2s0x87ebcd2e327eb5f1%3A0x4057a86307bcf6b4!3m2!3d40.5752051!4d-93.9374961!1m4!3m2!3d39.0759649!4d-94.607332!6e2!2e0!3m8!1m3!1d1484!2d-94.606538!3d39.0764105!3m2!1i1136!2i736!4f13.1!9m5!2m2!3d39.1070255!4d-94.5908481!3s0x87c0f0f63f4c3d45%3A0x7e7b3e5525e83146!4f1!5m2!13m1!1e1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1&fid=0. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- Missouri Department of Transportation (October 2013). Missouri Ofﬁcial Highway Map (Map). 1:1,089,000. Section C1-D3. http://www.modot.org/missourimap/documents/PDF_Mo_Mapfront2013.pdf. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Missouri Department of Transportation (September 2011). Daviess County (Map). 1:253,440. Geneneral Highway Map. http://www.modot.org/newsandinfo/documents/daviess_000.pdf. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Missouri Department of Transportation (January 2012). Harrison County (Map). 1:380,160. Geneneral Highway Map. http://www.modot.org/newsandinfo/documents/harrison.pdf. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Coryat, John. "Town/City Boundary Map". USNaviguide (Map). Cartography by Google. http://maps.huge.info/places.htm. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- Missouri Department of Transportation. Flex Map Viewer (Route ID: 4984) (Map). Scale not given. https://www6.modot.mo.gov/hpmaps/. Retrieved January 9, 2014.