|Maintained by SCDOT|
|Length:||2.25 mi (3.62 km)|
|Existed:||1962 – present|
|South end:||US 176 / US 221 / SC 9 in Spartanburg|
|North end:||I-85 Bus. / US 176 near Spartanburg|
I-585 is co-signed the entire length with US 176 and it uses US 176's exit number system instead of its own. Between exits 23 (I-85 Business) and 25B (US 221) the road is a freeway but has substandard or no shoulders. To the south of exit 25B, US 176 becomes boulevard grade, where I-585 ends.
This highway was once connected to Interstate 85 from opening until 1995; that year, I-85 was moved north to bypass Spartanburg, leaving I-585 an orphan, segregated from the rest of the Interstate Highway system. There is a project underway to extend I-585 along US 176 to I-85's new location. The ramps from I-585 Southbound to Business Loop 85 North and South opened on October 9, 2006. The Ramp from I-585 Northbound to Business Loop 85 Northbound is open and the Southbound Business Loop 85 entrance is open. The ramp from Business Loop 85 Southbound to I-585 Northbound is open (it is now a large fly-over ramp that overpasses the East Campus Boulevard exit), and the ramp from Business Loop 85 Southbound to I-585 Southbound has been re-opened as well.
The ramp from Business Loop 85 Northbound to I-585 Southbound is open, and there is no ramp from Business Loop 85 Northbound to I-585 Northbound. The entrance from I-85 Business Loop Southbound to I-585 Northbound adds a lane to I-585 Northbound traffic just in front of the USCU Campus that eventually turns into the "exit only" for I-85 Bypass Northbound. Currently, I-585/US 176 remains a freeway until the interchange with the I-85 bypass. This interchange is not a freeway interchange. Some cars on I-585 must cross oncoming traffic in order to access a certain direction of I-85 Bypass, but the I-85 Bypass traffic has only a normal diamond interchange.
There also is a traffic signal right before this interchange, which represents the official end of this freeway. The ramps connecting East Campus Boulevard, the main road of the USCU campus, have been upgraded to meet Interstate Highway standards and are now open, connecting campus traffic with I-585 North and Southbound. The Valley Falls Road Interchange has also been completed and all ramps leading to and from I-585 North and Southbound are open. The Northbound I-585 entrance from East Campus Boulevard turns into the "exit only" for Valley Falls Road.
The entire route is in Spartanburg County.
|0.0||0.0||I-85 / US 176 west – Charlotte, Greenville, Inman||Future northern terminus; west end of US 176 overlap, at-grade interchange|
|0.8||1.3||Valley Falls Road||Exit open, not formally part of I-585|
|1.3||2.1||East Campus Boulevard – USC Upstate||Exit open, not formally part of I-585|
|1.7||2.7||23||I-85 Bus. – Charlotte, Greenville||Signed as exits 23A (south) and 23B (north)|
|3.3||5.3||25A||SC 9 north – Boiling Springs||North end of SC 9 overlap|
|Spartanburg||3.6||5.8||25B||US 221 – Chesnee, Roebuck|
|3.6||5.8||—||US 176 east / SC 9 south (Pine Street)||Continuation as US 176/SC 9|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Interstate 585 Business
|Location:||Spartanburg, South Carolina|
|Length:||1.60 mi (2.57 km)|
Interstate 585 Business (BS 585) was a boulevard grade business spur of I-585 along Pine Street, between Whitney Road (US 221) and St. John Street (US 29); in concurrence with US 176 and SC 9. Sometime between 2000-2012, the route was decommissioned, with no current state/federal maps listing it, nor any physical signage.
- "Route Log and Finder List - Interstate System: Table 2". FHWA. Retrieved 2007-10-04.
- Interstate 585
- Google Inc. "Interstate 585". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N+Pine+St&daddr=N+Pine+St&hl=en&ll=34.986269,-81.962643&spn=0.058858,0.111494&sll=34.970938,-81.936057&sspn=0.007359,0.013937&geocode=FZQEFgIdi-Yc-w%3BFVOgFQIdmLod-w&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=17&t=p&z=14. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Google Inc. "Business Spur 585". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=I-585+S%2FSC-9+S%2FUS-176+E%2FN+Pine+St&daddr=N+Pine+St&hl=en&ll=34.962603,-81.923847&spn=0.029437,0.055747&sll=34.954777,-81.919899&sspn=0.01472,0.027874&geocode=Fc6hFQId8rgd-w%3BFb5bFQIdFf0d-w&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=16&t=p&z=15. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- Media related to Interstate 585 at Wikimedia Commons
- Mapmikey's South Carolina Highways Page: I-385
- I-585 at SouthEastRoads.com
- I-585 at Interstate-Guide.com
- Interstate 585 (3 Digit Interstates)