Interstate 95 Business (North Carolina)
|Auxiliary route of I-95|
|Length:||16.0 mi (25.7 km)|
|Existed:||1978 – present|
|South end:||I‑95 near Hope Mills|
|North end:||I‑95 in Eastover|
Interstate 95 Business is a business loop of Interstate 95 entirely within Cumberland County, North Carolina. It runs from nearby Hope Mills to Eastover, passing through the eastern side of downtown Fayetteville.
The entire route, except for two short segments at its northern and southern termini, is concurrent with U.S. Route 301. The 16-mile (26 km) route is partly an expressway and is an urban boulevard in downtown Fayetteville. In downtown Fayetteville, I-95 Business is cosigned as Eastern Boulevard.
At each terminus, access from Business 95 to I-95 is limited. For example, at the southern terminus, drivers on Business 95 heading south can only merge with I-95 south, while at the northern terminus, drivers on Business 95 heading north can only merge with I-95 north.
Established in 1978, and almost entirely overlapped with US 301, it was created to connect an incomplete gap of Interstate 95, from nearby Hope Mills (exit 40) to Eastover (exit 56). When Interstate 95 was completed east of Fayetteville in 1983, large signs at the entrances of I-95 Business were erected to promote the businesses that were bypassed along the mainline.
The entire route is in Cumberland County.
|0.0||0.0||I‑95 – Dunn, Benson, Lumberton|
|0.8||1.3||US 301 south – St. Pauls||South end of US 301 overlap|
|Hope Mills||1.5||2.4||NC 59 to I‑95 – Hope Mills|
|Fayetteville||8.5||13.7||NC 87 (Martin Luther King Jr Freeway) – Elizabethtown, Spring Lake|
|10.3||16.6||NC 24 / NC 210 to US 401 (Grove Street) – Roseboro, Spring Lake|
|13.5||21.7||Dobbins Holmes Road|
|Eastover||15.0||24.1||US 301 north (Dunn Road) – Wade||North end of US 301 overlap|
|16.0||25.7||I‑95 – Dunn, Benson, Lumberton|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Former Wilson-Rocky Mount Interstate 95 Business
|Location:||Wilson-Rocky Mount, North Carolina|
|Length:||44.6 mi (71.8 km)|
Established in 1978, to connect an incomplete gap of Interstate 95, Interstate 95 Business traversed 44.6 miles (71.8 km) from Kenly (exit 107) to Gold Rock (exit 145). The route was overlapped onto US 301, through the cities of Wilson and Rocky Mount; then just south of Battleboro, it goes alone over a four-lane connector road back onto mainline Interstate 95. Around 1986, Interstate 95 Business was decommissioned; NC 4 was extended onto the connector road to its current southern terminus at US 301.
- Google, Inc. "Interstate 95 Business - Fayetteville". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Exit+40&daddr=I-95+BUS+N&hl=en&ll=35.018469,-78.828278&spn=0.235339,0.445976&sll=35.09068,-78.776736&sspn=0.014696,0.027874&geocode=FZ3qFAId7m5L-w%3BFZR3FwIdzexN-w&vpsrc=6&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=16&t=p&z=12. Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- "NCRoads.com: I-95". Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- Google, Inc. "Interstate 95 Business - Wilson-Rocky Mount". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-301+N%2FS+Church+St&daddr=35.71028,-77.9026+to:36.00103,-77.77538+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=35.856779,-77.736511&spn=0.931595,1.783905&sll=35.724775,-77.801743&sspn=0.466575,0.891953&geocode=FZQZHwIduMZX-w%3BFUjlIAId-Exb-ynROAwwR56uiTF_57PzCcAESQ%3BFQZVJQId7D1d-ykVaqtcbH2uiTFXXgdSwNNQkw%3BFfRLJgIdAYdc-w&vpsrc=6&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1,2&t=p&z=10. Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- "NCRoads.com: N.C. 4". Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- Media related to Interstate 95 Business (North Carolina) at Wikimedia Commons
- Driving95|I-95 Corridor Planning & Financial Study