From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up interstitial or interstice in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An interstitial space or interstice is an empty space or gap between spaces full of structure or matter. In particular, interstitial may refer to:
- Interstitial defect, a crystallographic defect, atom(s) outside regular crystal lattice sites
- Interstitial element
- Interstitial compound, a compound formed by small atoms occupying empty space in a metal lattice
- Interstitial space
- Interstitial cell, various
- Interstitial collagenase, enzyme that breaks the peptide bonds in collagen
- Interstitial fluid, a solution that bathes and surrounds the cells of multicellular animals
- Interstitial cell tumor
- Interstitial cystitis
- Interstitial granulomatous dermatitis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Interstitial nephritis
- Interstitial art, any work of art whose basic nature falls between, rather than within, the familiar boundaries of accepted genres or media
- Interstitial space (architecture)
- Interstitial music, a (usually short) transitional piece of music between two scenes in a theatrical production.
- Interstitial program, short television programming which is often shown between movies or other events
- A synonym for station identification in television broadcasting, typically a static logo
- Interstitial webpage, a web page that is displayed before an expected content page, often to display advertisements or confirm the user's age
- Interstices, a period of three months required between ordination to the diaconate and to the priesthood in Roman Catholicism
- "Interstital federal lawmaking" is a species of "U.S. common law" which arises where Congressional statutes implicitly compel federal courts to fill gaps to interpret the federal law, should a case or controversy arise, where the transactions or issues typically would be controlled by state law (such as real property regulatory programs). United States v. Little Lake Misere Land Co., 412 U.S. 580 (1973).
- Empty space (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "intersti"
- All pages with titles containing "intersti*"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.