|Type||Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: ITRK|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||David Reid (Chairman)
Wolfhart Hauser (CEO)
|Revenue||£2,184.4 million (2013)|
|Operating income||£342.6 million (2013)|
|Net income||£217.0 million (2013)|
Intertek Group plc is a multinational inspection, product testing and certification company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Intertek can trace its origins from a marine surveying business formed by Caleb Brett in the 1890s, a testing laboratory formed by Milton Hersey in Montreal in 1888 and a lamp testing centre established by Thomas Edison in 1896. These businesses were all acquired by Inchcape during the 1980s and early 1990s. In 1996 Inchcape Testing Services was acquired by Charterhouse Development Capital and was renamed Intertek. The Company was divested by Charterhouse in 2002 when the business was first listed on the London Stock Exchange. In April 2010, Intertek acquired Ciba Expert Services’ Environmental, Safety, & Testing and Regulatory businesses, including Cantox Health Sciences (Cantox) and Ashuren Health Sciences (Ashuren). Intertek acquired Moody International in March 2011
The company is the largest tester of consumer goods in the world and has a network of more than 1,000 laboratories across around 100 countries.
In 2011 Intertek launched a new initiative called iSupplier Intelligence (ISI), which in 2012 was changed to Tradegood.
|Wolfhart Hauser||Chief executive officer||£534,000||£872,000||£1,406,000|
|Lloyd Pitchford||Chief Financial Officer||£388,000||£331,000||£719,000|
- Preliminary Results 2013
- Intertek: About us
- Intertek: History
- False data charges threaten Intertek flotation The Independent, 22 September 2000, Retrieved 25 March 2012
- Intertek Buys Ciba Expert Services Division Presswire, 7 April 2010
- Intertek buys Moody International for £450m The Telegraph, 8 March 2011
- Armitstead, Louise (23 April 2009). "Intertek shares soar on speculation of bid from Swiss rival SGS". London: The Telegraph. Retrieved 30 August 2010.
- "Wolfhart Hauser: Executive Profile & Biography". BusinessWeek. McGraw-Hill. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- Intertek group plc Bloomberg