|Type||Public (NYSE: IL)|
|Industry||Virtual data rooms|
|Headquarters||New York, NY, USA|
|Key people||Ronald Hovsepian, President & CEO|
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: IL) is a global technology provider of inter-enterprise content management and collaboration solutions. Intralinks enables the exchange, control, and management of information between organizations through their Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, when working through the firewall.
Founded in 1996, the firm’s offerings serve the enterprise collaboration and strategic transaction markets. Under the leadership of Ron Hovsepian, President and CEO of Intralinks  the company continues to expand its offerings.
In 1996, Arthur Scully, John Muldoon and Mark Adams founded Intralinks. Together, they produced the first work space. Major banks began using the product for loan syndication in 1997. In 2002, Intralinks created the world’s first virtual data room (VDR), enabling businesses to share information during the due diligence process in a secure space. In 2004, companies completed over $5 trillion in syndicated loan transactions with Intralinks. In 2010, Intralinks became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. In its short history, the company was acquired previously by both Cambridge Technology Vision and TA Associates. In 2011, Ron Hovsepian joined Intralinks as Chief Executive Officer, President and Director. Hovsepian held previous management and executive positions at IBM Corporation, Internet Capital Group and Novell, Inc. Under Hovsepian’s leadership, Intralinks developed Intralinks VIA™ and Intralinks DealNexus™.
Today, more than 2.7 million professionals at 988 of the Fortune 1000 companies use Intralinks.
Initial Public Offering
The company's initial public offering of stock on the NYSE and occurred on August 6, 2010. Its initial price range is $14–$16, but the stock priced at $13. The company sold 11,000,000 shares and raised $146M. The lead underwriters of the deal are Deutsche Bank AG and Credit Suisse Group. IntraLinks had approximately $152M in debt at the time of the IPO and expects to use the vast majority of the returns from the offering to repay its obligations.
IntraLinks revenue for 2009 was reported at $141M which is a slight decrease from its 2008 revenue of $143M. The company also reported a net loss of $25M in 2009. The company has consistently reported a net loss of at least $24M.
The company has 400 employees worldwide and its global headquarters are in New York City. In 2013 Intralinks launched morethanavdr, a website that specifically targets investment bank strategic advisors, legal advisors and corporate advisors.
Intralinks products enable businesses across industries to collaborate. Intralinks also has grown to support strategic collaboration solutions for a range of industries, including financial services, life sciences, technology and manufacturing. Intralinks products include: Intralinks Dealspace™, Intralinks VIA™, Intralinks Studyspace™, Intralinks Fundspace™, Intralinks Connect™, Intralinks Debtspace™, Intralinks Courier™, Intralinks DealNexus™ , Intralinks Technology Platform, Intralinks Secure Mobile, SharePoint Integration and Intralinks Security.
Released in April 2013, Intralinks VIA™ enables users to share information outside of the network firewall. VIA encrypts every file shared within the platform and allows users to designate permissions. With the proper permission, users can download documents and collaborate freely together. VIA also includes an UNshare feature allowing admins to withdraw information at any time, with an encryption that corrupts the files (and any copies) sent or saved.
In 2013, Intralinks acquired PE-Nexus and MergerID. Each of these offered clients a platform to find partners for mergers and acquisitions. Intralinks merged the two firms and renamed the newly created platform DealNexus™, the largest global deal sourcing network. DealNexus’ client portfolio offers businesses a network to find partners. Once engaging in a deal, the Intralinks VDR allows parties to conduct due diligence.
Intralinks maintains its corporate headquarters on the east side of Manhattan in New York City. Other offices include: Boston, San Francisco, São Paulo, London, Milan, Frankfurt, Hong Kong and Sydney.
- "IntraLinks Holdings, Inc. (Public, NYSE:IL)". Google Finance. 2010-09-09. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- New York Times, Business Day http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/intralinks-holdings-inc/
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Executive Profile http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=417462&ticker=ANN&previousCapId=21161&previousTitle=ICG%20GROUP%20INC
- Intralinks Company Overview http://www.intralinks.com/about-us
- "Our History - IntraLinks". IntraLinks. 2009-06-12. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- "IntraLinks IPO Opens Flat, Trades Down >IL". Wall Street Journal. 2010-08-06. Retrieved 2010-09-09.[dead link]
- Intralinks Dealspace http://www.intralinks.com/products/intralinks-dealspace
- Intralinks VIA http://www.intralinks.com/via/
- Business2Community - Intralinks VIA Review http://www.business2community.com/mobile-apps/intralinks-via-review-share-large-files-securely-0619240
- CrunchBase - Intralinks DealNexus http://www.crunchbase.com/company/intralinks-dealnexus
- Intralinks Locations http://www.intralinks.com/contact/locations
- IntraLinks S-1 SEC Filing