|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
|Founded||1989 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Key people||Darrell Wade, Co-Founder and CEO
Geoff Manchester, Co-Founder and director
James Thornton, Managing Director
|Products||Small group adventures|
Intrepid Travel is a small group adventure travel company that offers approximately 800 scheduled itineraries in Asia, Latin America, North America, Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Australasia and Antarctica. The company is a division of PEAK Adventure Travel Group , which owns several popular tour companies and realizes annual revenue of over $400 million.
Intrepid is a carbon-neutral company, as of 2010, reducing greenhouse gas emissions from their offices and trips where possible and offsetting the rest.
Founded in 1989, by 2 Australians, Intrepid Travel now takes over 100,000 passengers to over 100 destinations each year, realizing over $130 million in annual revenue, averaging annual compound growth of 25% over the last ten years.
In late 2012, Intrepid Travel appointed James Thornton as Managing Director.
A complete list of awards is presented on the Intrepid Travel website 
- 2012 Winner, Preservation Category, Conde Nast Traveler World Saver Awards
- 2012 Winner, Travel - Tourism company, Green Lifestyle Awards
- 2011 Highly Comeded, Best Low Carbon Initiative, Virgin Holidays Responsible Travel Awards 2011
- 2011 Winner, Top 10 Small Business Facebook Pages, Social Media Examiner
- 2011 'Sumatran Highlights', 2011 50 Tours of a Lifetime, National Geographic Traveler
- 2011 Winner, Australian Business Awards, Environmental Sustainability
- 2011 Winner, Global Tourism Business Award, Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
- 2009 Finalist, BRW's Private Business of the Year Awards
- 2009 Outside Magazine's 'Best Places to Work' (USA)
- 2009 Budget Travel Magazine's 'Extra Mile Award' for Intrepid Travel's Carbon Offset Trips
- 2008 Winner Gold Award Wanderlust Paul Morrison Guide Award – Esam Al El Salaam (Egypt tour leader)
- 2007 Winner Environmentally Responsible Tourism Small Tour Operator category, British Travel Awards
- 2007 Winner of the PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) Gold Award for Corporate Environmental Programme
- 2007 Best Green Specialist Tour Operator, Tourism Authority of Thailand Green Awards
- 2007 Highly Commended, Conservation and Cultural Heritage, Virgin Holidays Responsible Tourism Awards
- 2006 Overall Joint Winner, Best Tour Operator, First Choice Responsible Tourism Awards
- 2006 Runner up, Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
- 2002 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award (Darrell Wade and Geoff Manchester)
- Frommer, Arthur (30 September 2007). "Tour group has solo-adventurer style". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "About Intrepid Travel". Intrepid Travel. 4 May 2009.
- "Asia Pacific Slowly Wakes Up to Carbon-Neutral Tourism". travelindustrywire.com. 2 May 2008.
- O'Sullivan, Kay. "From backpackers to $129 million a year". The Age. Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- Gome, Amanda. "Intrepid Travel’s big adventure". Smart Company.
- "Previous Winners - Entrepreneur Of The Year Finalists & Winners 2002". Ernst and Young. 2002.