|Origin||Orange County, California, United States of America|
Geykido Comet Records
|Members||Dave (Vocals, Guitar)
|Past members||Gregg Armen (bass 2003-2008)
Nate Hansen (bass 2000-2003)
Intro5pect is a political Synthpunk band from Southern California.
The band were officially formed in 1997 as a reaction to what was an apparent commercialization of the punk genre. Their first demo was released in 1998 and their first official release came in 1999 when newly founded indie label Geykido Comet Records released the band's song Education as a limited edition 7" vinyl.
In June 2007 Intro5pect toured the United Kingdom and Mainland Europe. Around this time the band's new demo 'War At Home' was spot-played several times by BBC Radio 1 DJ Mike Davies on his Punk Rock show 'The Lockup'.
In Summer 2008 the band embarked on their second tour of the United Kingdom and this time played several headline shows at such venues as the Camden Underworld. Further support came from Mike Davies who this time had the band in to do a live session at the World Famous Maida Vale Studios. The show was broadcast the following week on BBC Radio 1.
Upon returning home from this tour, the band and bassist Gregg parted ways due to creative differences. After an extensive search LandonHell was drafted in to fill the void.
In a 2009 interview with PunkCDSampler, Sara declared that "The new album sounds like the self-titled one, to the extreme". The EP "Record Profits" was released later that Summer.
- 1999: Education 7" (sold out in 2004)
- 2003: Self-titled full length album
- 2007: Realpolitik!
- 2009: Record Profits
- 1999: We're Not Generation X (sold out in 2004)
- 2000: You Call This Music?! Volume 1
- 2001: Your Machinery Is Too Much For Me 7"
- 2002: You Call This Music?! Volume 2
- 2002: Dropping Food On Their Heads is Not Enough: Benefit For RAWA
- 2003: Go Kart MP300
- 2005: This Just In... Benefit For Indy Media
- 2005: Voices of Discontent
- 2008: Chemical X DVD Music Video Compilation