Intrust Bank Arena
|Location||500 East Waterman Street
Wichita, Kansas 67202 USA
15,750 (center stage)
10,100 (end stage)
Ice Hockey: 13,450
|Field size||32,000 sq ft|
|Broke ground||December 4, 2007|
|Opened||January 2, 2010|
($222 million in 2014 dollars)
|Architect||Arena Design Consortium (Populous (formerly HOK Sport), WDM Architects, Gossen Livingston Architects, McCluggage Van Sickle & Perry)|
|Project manager||DIO Facilities Project Services|
|Structural engineer||Walter P Moore|
|Services engineer||M-E Engineers, Inc.|
|Main contractors||Martin Event Services, Inc. (Security)|
|Wichita Thunder (2010–present)|
Intrust Bank Arena (known as Sedgwick County Arena during early planning stages) is a 15,004-seat multi-purpose arena, located in downtown Wichita, Kansas, United States. The arena features 22 suites, 2 party suites, and over 300 premium seats. It is home to the Wichita Thunder of the CHL.
It is the second largest indoor arena in the state of Kansas, behind Allen Fieldhouse, which seats 16,300. Nearby arenas in neighboring states seat 17,839 (Tulsa), 18,203 (Oklahoma City), and 18,972 (Kansas City, MO).
On April 4, 2005, Governor Kathleen Sebelius signed the Intrust Bank Arena tax bill authorizing Sedgwick County to collect a one percent sales tax beginning July 1, 2005 for 30 months.
On January 10, 2008, Sedgwick County announced it had reached a 25-year, $8.75 million naming rights deal with Intrust Bank, which complements a 20-year, $3 million deal with Cessna Aircraft Company to name an adjacent outdoor plaza, and a concourse area deal with Spirit AeroSystems. The City of Wichita placed a bid to host the first two rounds of the 2011, 2012 or 2013 men's NCAA Division I basketball tournament. However, there wasn't enough seating, nor any nearby hotels, so the arena was passed over.
It was announced on March 9, 2010 that the Intrust Bank Arena was voted the 'Best Arena' and 'Best Locker Rooms' and also voted third in the 'Best Press Box' category in the Central Hockey League's annual 'Best of the Best' poll.
The Intrust Bank Arena cracked Pollstar’s Top 50 Arena Venues for ticket sales during the first quarter of 2010. Intrust Bank Arena ranked 22nd in the United States and 45th worldwide.
- December 21, 2010 - NCAA Men's Basketball - Wichita State vs Tulsa
- March 20 & 22, 2011 - 2011 NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Tournament First and Second Rounds
- December 8, 2011 - NCAA Men's Basketball - Wichita Wildcat Classic - Kansas State vs West Virginia
- October 24, 2012 - NBA Preseason - Dallas Mavericks vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- December 22, 2012 - NCAA Men's Basketball - Wichita State vs Southern Miss
- October 23, 2013 - NBA Preseason - Chicago Bulls vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- December 14, 2013 - NCAA Men's Basketball - Wichita State vs Tennessee
- December 21, 2013 - NCAA Men's Basketball - Wichita Wildcat Classic - Kansas State vs. Gonzaga
- October 17, 2014 - NBA Preseason - Toronto Raptors vs Oklahoma City Thunder
- December 6, 2014 - NCAA Men's Basketball Wichita State vs Saint Louis
- May 7–8, 2010 - PBR Built Ford Tough Series: Wichita Invitational
- September 23–24, 2011 - PBR Built Ford Tough Series: DEWALT Guaranteed Tough Invitational
- April 27, 2013 - VFC Fight Night: Wichita 1 Marcio Navarro vs Jake Lindsey
- October 4, 2010 - WWE Raw live taping
- March 12, 2011 - WWE Raw live event
- August 30, 2011 - WWE SmackDown taping (SuperSmackDown)
- February 4, 2012 - WWE Raw live event
- September 30, 2012 - WWE Raw live event
- May 14, 2013 - WWE SmackDown taping
A Wichita Thunder game at InTrust Bank Arena (2010)
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Manahan, Theresa (April 19, 2009). "Minor League Arenas". SportsBusiness Journal. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- "Facts & Details". Sedgwick County. October 2009. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- Intrust Bank Arena - Emporis.com
- "Sedgwick County Arena". Reed Construction Data. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- Weeks, Bob (May 23, 2007). "Testimony Supporting an Arena Re-Vote". Voice For Liberty in Wichita. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Arena, Fans Top 2010 Best of the Best Poll". Wichita Thunder. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- "Intrust Bank Arena ranks in top 50 world ticket sales". Intrust Bank Arena. Retrieved April 16, 2010.
- Behlmann, Emily (February 9, 2011). "‘Wonderful Outcome’ as Intrust Bank Arena Nets $2M in 2010". Wichita Business Journal. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "2010 Sedgwick County Comprehensive Annual Report". Sedgwick County Department of Finance. December 31, 2010. Archived from the original on October 17, 2011. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Gruver, Deb (March 26, 2012). "Intrust Bank Arena nets $390,000 in second year". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Behlmann, Emily (February 15, 2013). "Sedgwick County Expects $253K Payment from Intrust Bank Arena for 2012". Wichita Business Journal. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Wichita State Shockers - Recap". ESPN. December 21, 2010. Retrieved December 21, 2010.
- "West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Kansas State Wildcats - Recap". ESPN. December 8, 2011. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Intrust Bank Arena.|
Britt Brown Arena
|Home of the