Inuvik (Mike Zubko) Airport
|Inuvik (Mike Zubko) Airport|
|IATA: YEV – ICAO: CYEV
– WMO: 71364
|Operator||Government of the Northwest Territories|
|Location||Inuvik, Northwest Territories|
|Time zone||MST (UTC−07:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC−06:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||222 ft / 68 m|
|Sources: Canada Flight Supplement
Movements from Statistics Canada
The airport is classified as an airport of entry by NAV CANADA and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency. CBSA officers at this airport can handle general aviation aircraft only, with no more than 15 passengers.
Airlines and destinations
|Air North||Dawson City, Old Crow, Whitehorse|
|Canadian North||Edmonton, Norman Wells, Yellowknife|
|First Air||Edmonton, Norman Wells, Yellowknife|
|Kenn Borek Air operating by Aklak Air||Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour, Tuktoyaktuk, Ulukhaktok
Depends on Demand: Aklavik
Seasonal: Fort McPherson
|North-Wright Airways||Aklavik, Fort Good Hope, Norman Wells|
Inuvik currently has scheduled jet airline service provided by Canadian North and First Air. Canadian North operates Boeing 737-200 and 737-300 jetliners while First Air operates the Boeing 737-200.
Accidents and incidents
- On 4 November 2010, a hangar fire destroyed three aircraft owned by Kenn Borek Air and operated by Aklak Air. They were de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter C-GZVH, Beechcraft King Air C-GHOC and Beechcraft 99 C-GKKB.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 29 May 2014 to 0901Z 24 July 2014
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation — NAV CANADA flight service stations
- Air North route map
- Flight Schedule and Route Map.
- First Air interactive weather/route map
- North-Wright Airways schedule
- "Hull-loss description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 12 November 2010.
- Page about this airport on COPA's Places to Fly airport directory
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Inuvik (Mike Zubko) Airport from Nav Canada as available.