Inventing the Internet
Inventing the Internet is a book written by Janet Abbate. The MIT Press published the book in 1999, as part of its Inside Technology series. The book might be useful to a person interested in the history of packet switching, and possibly other communications paradigms, as well.
The following is a copy of the book's table of contents.
- White Heat and Cold War: The Origins and Meanings of Packet Switching
- Building the ARPANET: Challenges and Strategies
- "The Most Neglected Element": Users Transform the ARPANET
- From ARPANET to Internet
- The Internet in the International Standards Arena
- Popularizing the Internet
|This article about a book on the Internet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|