Investigative Journalism (Community)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Joe Russo|
|Written by||Jon Pollack
|Original air date||January 14, 2010|
The group returns from their winter break and realizes a new student named Buddy (Jack Black) has inserted himself into the study group. They must decide whether or not to allow him to stay. Meanwhile, Dean Pelton (Jim Rash) makes Jeff (Joel McHale) the new editor of the Greendale Gazette Journal, where Annie (Alison Brie) discovers a story about racial profiling in the school.
In the end tag, Troy (Donald Glover) and Abed (Danny Pudi) are interviewed by Star-Burns (Dino Stamatopoulos) for possible membership in the "cool group". Pierce (Chevy Chase) shows up and berates them for their disloyalty. After they walk away Pierce asks if the group has decided on his own membership.
Owen Wilson makes a cameo at the end as part of a study group with Star-burns.
- Flashbacks to previous episodes such as "Advanced Criminal Law" are shown.
Around 5.42 million Americans watched "Investigative Journalism".
- Gorman, Bill (January 15, 2010). "TV Ratings: Private Practice Crossover Boost; Bones High; Grey's, CSI, 30 Rock, Leno Hit Lows". Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- VanDerWerff, Todd (January 14, 2010). "Investigative Journalism". The A.V. Club. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Investigative Journalism" at NBC.com
- "Investigative Journalism" at the Internet Movie Database
- "Investigative Journalism" at TV.com
- "Investigative Journalism" at TV Tropes