From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Investment in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- In finance, Investment is the commitment of money or capital to purchase financial instruments or other assets.
The term can also refer to:
- In economics, fixed investment (the purchasing of machinery, etc.) or inventory investment, the purchasing or other accumulation of goods inventories
- Investment casting, an industrial process based on and also called lost-wax casting, one of the oldest known metal-forming techniques
- Investment (military), the military tactic of surrounding an enemy fort (or town) with armed forces to prevent entry or escape
- Investment (film), an upcoming film
- Invest (meteorology), a designated area of disturbed weather that is being monitored for tropical cyclone development
- Cathexis, also known as investment, a psychoanalytic term describing an investment of libido.
- INVEST, a mnemonic for the quality characteristics of a user story, e.g. in agile software projects.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Investment.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.