Invicta Watch Group
|Industry||Watch Design. manufacturing, and marketing|
|Founded||La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, 1837 |
|Headquarters||Invicta Corporate Headquarters
1 Invicta Way (3069 Taft St)
Hollywood, Florida 33021
|Key people||Eyal Lalo, President and CEO
Ms. Gany Lalo, Vice President
Ms. Nadia Lalo, Board member, Secretary
Invicta Watch Group is an American-based watch company. Invicta Watch Group trades on the name "Invicta Watch Company" which was a company founded in 1837 by Raphael Picard in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The Picard family had owned and operated the company which produced Swiss mechanical timepieces offered at modest prices until the quartz movement revolution of the early 1970s.
In 1991 the company was purchased by a United States-based investment company. The corporate headquarters were relocated to Hollywood, Florida, where the company also operates its customer service call center.
The president of the Invicta Watch Group, Eyal Lalo, is a third generation watchmaker whose family has been involved with Invicta for many years.
In 2010, a Canadian carrying case manufacturer, Plasticase, filed a complaint for patent infringement in Florida Southern District Court against Invicta for allegedly selling and using a plastic case quite similar to their own. Soon after, Invicta counter-filed a complaint against Plasticase, based on their alleged false marking of the cases in that the case did not have a patent covering it.
In 2005, The Invicta Care Foundation raised $127,846 to support disaster relief causes related to Hurricane Katrina. The donation was given to the American Red Cross to help those in need after the hurricane's destruction.
In 2012, The Invicta Watch Group shipped free watches to American soldiers serving overseas.
- "Invicta History", Invicta corporate website
- "Eyal Lalo: President of Invicta Watch Company of America", timezone.com, Interviewer: Richard Paige, June, 2000
- "Plasticase, Inc. v. Invicta Watch Company of America, Inc.", filed April 6, 2010, Florida Southern District Court, Fort Lauderdale Office. ( Complaint ) ( Exhibits )
- Wimberly, Kevin, "Invicta Goes on the Offensive", FloridaIPTrends.com, August 12, 2010
- Bannan, Shauna, "Invicta Care Foundation donates funds to charitable causes", 12 February 2012
- Invicta Care Foundation website
- "Hollywood Company Donates Designer Watches To Soldiers", CBS Miami, May 29, 2012
- "Invicta launches Jason Taylor watch collection" South Florida Business Journal, November 6, 2012