Inwood – 207th Street (IND Eighth Avenue Line)
|Address||West 207th Street & Broadway
New York, NY 10034
|Line||IND Eighth Avenue Line|
|Services||A (all times)|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||September 10, 1932|
|Former/other names||Washington Heights – 207th Street|
|Broadway and 207th Street, Broadway & 211th Street/Isham Street|
|Passengers (2013)||2,897,438 3.3%|
|Rank||174 out of 421|
|Next north||(Terminal): A|
|Next south||Dyckman Street: A|
|Next north||none: A|
|Next south||175th Street: A|
Inwood – 207th Street (formerly Washington Heights – 207th Street) is the northern terminal station of the IND Eighth Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of 207th Street and Broadway in the Manhattan neighborhood of Inwood, near Inwood Hill Park, it is served by the A train at all times.
There is a single island platform between the two tracks, which are designated as Tracks A3, and A4, and end at bumper blocks just north of the platform at Chaining Station 1541+00. To the immediate south is an Interlocking Plant made up of a diamond crossover that allows trains to get to the correct track, and then proceed to share the right of way with the 207th Street Yard leads to the Dyckman Street Station. The station has been refurbished with an ADA-accessible elevator added. The mezzanine and street elevator shaft includes artwork titled At the Start...At Long Last by Sheila LaBrettville. The terminal is operated by a Dispatcher's Office at the south end, while the Interlocking Plant is controlled by the CTC located in the 207th Street Yard.
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent
(Elevator at SW corner of Broadway and 207th Street)
|Track 1||→ toward Far Rockaway, Lefferts Boulevard, or Rockaway Park (Dyckman Street) →|
|Track 2||→ toward Far Rockaway, Lefferts Boulevard, or Rockaway Park (Dyckman Street) →|
- The main exit is three street stairs and an elevator at Broadway and 207th Street.
- The north exit is two street stairs at Broadway, Isham Street, and 211 Street.
Nearby points of interest
Media related to Inwood – 207th Street (IND Eighth Avenue Line) at Wikimedia Commons
- nycsubway.org—IND 8th Avenue: 207th Street
- nycsubway.org — At the Start... At Long Last Artwork by Sheila Levrant de Bretteville (1999)
- Station Reporter — A Lefferts
- Station Reporter — A Rockaway
- MTA's Arts For Transit — Inwood – 207th Street (IND Eighth Avenue Line)
- 207th Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Isham Street/211th Street entrance from Google Maps Street View