From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old Cafe in Downtown
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Iola is a city in Grimes County, Texas, United States on Farm Road 39 and the Burlington-Rock Island Railway, at the headwaters of Ragan Creek in northwest Grimes County. A July 1, 2009 U.S. Census Bureau estimate placed the population at 430.
- "Table 4: Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places in Texas, Listed Alphabetically: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009" (CSV). United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "Iola Becomes Newest Brazos Valley City". KBTX. 2007-11-06. Retrieved 2007-12-17.
- Justice, Blair. (column "The Human Side of Science") Houston Post. Sunday May 2, 1965. Perspective Page 5. Available via microfilm from the Houston Public Library Central Library Jesse H. Jones Building.
- Chris Andersen Biography on NBA.com
- Iola, Texas on Texas State Historical Association
- Iola, TX – Texas Handbook Online.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Iola, Texas