BitComposer Games (PC)
|Release date(s)||September 23, 2009|
Ion Assault is a multidirectional shooter video game developed by Coreplay and published by Black Inc. for the Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, and Microsoft Windows. It was released in North America and Europe on September 23, 2009. Its gameplay is similar to that of the classic arcade shooter Asteroids. Ion Assault is the first Xbox LIVE Arcade game developed in Germany.
Ion Assault was released for Windows on the Steam platform on November 17, 2010.
- Husemann, Charles (9 September 2009). "Ion Assault Interview". Gaming Nexus. p. 1. Retrieved 16 October 2009. "Our main reference for Ion Assault was the original “Asteroids” which was more about taking control of your ship rather than about shooting and destroying tons of objects."
- "IGN: Black Inc. Announces Ion Assault For Xbox LIVE Arcade". IGN.com. 2009-07-06. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Mitchell, Richard (2009-07-07). "Ion Assault will assault XBLA this summer". Joystiq. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Purchese, Robert (2009-07-06). "XBLA blaster Ion Assault unveiled". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Berardini, César (2009-07-06). "Black Inc. Announces Ion Assault for Xbox Live Arcade". TeamXbox. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- "Ion Assault on Steam". Steam. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|