Ion Hamilton, 1st Baron HolmPatrick
HolmPatrick was the son of James Hans Hamilton and Caroline Trant. He succeeded his father as Member of Parliament for County Dublin in 1863, a seat he held until 1885. He was admitted to the Irish Privy Council in 1887 and also served as Lord Lieutenant of County Dublin from 1892 to 1898. In 1897 he was raised to the peerage as Baron HolmPatrick, of HolmPatrick, in the County of Dublin.
Lord HolmPatrick married Lady Victoria Alexandrina Wellesley, daughter of Major-General Lord Charles Wellesley and granddaughter of Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, in 1877. He died in March 1898, aged 58, and was succeeded in the barony by his only son, Hans. Lady HolmPatrick died in 1933.
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2013)|
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990.
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs [self-published source][better source needed]
- Lundy, Darryl. "FAQ". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Ion Hamilton
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Thomas Edward Taylor
James Hans Hamilton
|Member of Parliament for County Dublin
1863 – 1885
With: Thomas Edward Taylor 1863–83
Edward Robert King-Harman 1883–85
The Viscount Monck
|Lord Lieutenant of Dublin
The Earl of Meath
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|New creation||Baron HolmPatrick
Hans Wellesley Hamilton
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, for a constituency in Ireland between 1801 and 1922 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a baron in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|